Software and Systems Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Rail (View other jobs from this organisation)
Software and Systems Engineer
Due to the ongoing growth in this area, we have full time, permanent opportunities for talented and well-rounded Software and Systems Engineers to contribute to continuous improvements in the development and delivery of world-class capabilities and systems.
About the team:
Our Operational Systems Engineering team work collaborative with our peers and apply our engineering skills to understand and drive the development of products that improve the scalability and performance of Queensland Rail’s Operational Systems as a whole.
We work in an agile way and are constantly refining how we can best live those principles to deliver value that enhances our customer and stakeholder experience continuously.
With access to a board range of technologies this allows us to dive into complex software and systems engineering challenges and enjoy seeing how our work contributes to the success of our business operations, all whilst having the freedom to apply our innovative thoughts on improvements.
We have flexibility in the way we work, there are also opportunities for occasional travel to site and the option of taking on some overtime where required, benefiting from generous penalties rates.
- Flexible working options to support the balance between work and personal commitments.
- Free Citytrain travel to and from your office location.
- Generous superannuation scheme and salary package including 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Connecting employee’s through our Queensland Rail’s Young Professionals community, actively develop skills and connect with the wider community.
- Access to holistic and contemporary health and wellbeing programs including Fitness Passport.
- Professional development and financial contribution opportunity for professional memberships that are applicable to your role.
- Memberships opportunities through QRI Lifestyle providing access to over 2,000 exclusive discounts and services.
- Experience in working on projects involving system requirements, design, architecture, software development and integration with other systems both internal and external.
- Enthusiasm to be involved in all parts of the Software Development Lifecycle to support the development and maintenance of computer-based systems.
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with customers, stakeholders and vendors.
- Help drive pragmatic decision making and trade-offs to meet both the team’s business objectives and long-term technical goals.
- A test and learn mindset with curiosity, collaboration and care.
Here are some of the technologies you’ll be working with:
- Predominately Microsoft based environment
- C# and C++
- .NET framework
- Web Apps and Azure
- Procedural programming languages
Applicants must hold at the time of application a Bachelor Engineering (Electrical/Computer Science) degree or Queensland Rail accepted equivalent qualification.
Sounds great, what next?
Please apply to Software and Systems Engineer (6279) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button by 11:59pm (GMT+10:00 Brisbane) Sunday 26th November 2023.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Queensland Rail is committed to a diverse workforce that is reflective of the customers and communities we serve.
We are inclusive, collaborative, respectful, and value our differences. We are 1TEAM, where everyone belongs.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact Cynthia Mackenzie via the phone number or email below.
Applicants for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing if progressed through the recruitment processes. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks. For roles that have formal qualification requirements, QR will also be required to do formal qualification verification processes to ensure qualifications align to QR's requirements. Professional engineering qualifications must be recognised under the Washington Accord or demonstrated by ‘an entry to practice competently’ having been awarded to you by Engineers Australia. Multiple vacancies may also apply to this advertisement.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Cynthia Mackenzie with your specific enquiry via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Nov 2023
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time