Principal and Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Professionals - [Archived Advertisement]
EcOz Environmental Consultants (View other jobs from this organisation)
Principal and Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Professionals
EcOz is seeking Principal and Senior level Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) professionals to join our Team based in Darwin, Northern Territory. We are looking for people who are committed to making Darwin home for a while. Either you already live in the NT and are keen for a new opportunity, or you are an experienced EIA professional who would relish the opportunity to experience the NT lifestyle. As a Territory-owned company we are passionate about supporting sustainable development in our region and contributing to making the Territory a great place to live and work.
Our company has experienced rapidly growing demand for our EIA services in recent years. We have a strong and interesting pipeline of Government and Private projects focussing on the sustainable development of the NT, with a strong emphasis on renewables.
As a leader within of our Impact Assessment & Approvals team, you will be supported by our Management Team and motivated staff, to deliver high quality services that will enable our clients to achieve the best environmental and social outcomes from their projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Advising and supporting clients on environmental and social aspects relevant to their project planning and delivery.
- Managing and/or contributing to scoping and delivering environmental impact assessments in support of applications for project approvals, permits and licences under NT and Commonwealth legislation.
- Managing project delivery, including ensuring projects are delivered safely, on time, on budget and to a high standard in accordance with EcOz’s certified management system.
- Preparing proposals and tender submissions.
- Engaging with a wide range of government and community stakeholders.
- Contributing to mentoring and growing the capabilities of junior staff.
- Maintaining and growing client relationships; building your profile at industry seminars and events and actively promoting EcOz capabilities.
- Promoting a culture of teamwork where all members of our team are engaged, and their contribution is valued.
We are looking for people with:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. Environmental Science, Social Science, Planning, Environmental Engineering).
- More than 5-years’ experience in a role directly involving the delivery of impact assessment and approvals documentation for major projects.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to assemble and manage small teams to deliver projects.
- Demonstrated high-level written communication skills, with specific experience preparing reports and other documentation for regulatory approvals and compliance.
- Proven ability to manage project resources, budget and timelines.
- Desirable - Experience working for a consultancy.
EcOz is a 100% Northern Territory owned and operated company with offices in Darwin and Alice Springs. EcOz offers a friendly and flexible working environment. We place a high priority on promoting a safe, healthy and happy workplace that enables people to reach their full potential both professionally and personally.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge, interested in developing your career and having a positive influence on the sustainable development of Australia’s last Frontier the Northern Territory?
Come and join a family friendly and well-resourced, influential and experienced environmental consultancy in modern and culturally diverse Darwin.
- NT - Darwin
- $150,000 – $225,000 per year
- Work Type:
- Full Time