Network Operations Coordinator (Water & Wastewater)
Southern Downs Regional Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Situated one hour south of Toowoomba and two hours southwest of Brisbane is Warwick, a thriving regional hub, offering the best of both worlds; a relaxed and friendly country town charm combined with a high standard of services and facilities. The Southern Downs region is a great place to live, work and play which offers affordable living with access to World Heritage listed national parks, iconic festivals and award-winning cellar doors on the Granite Belt – Queensland’s only cold climate wine country.
The Position: Reporting to the Manager Water this position is responsible for leading the Water and Wastewater Network Operations teams ensuring the efficient and proactive operation and maintenance of Council’s Water and Wastewater collection and distribution networks.
Skills / Experience Required: Council is seeking an individual with relevant tertiary qualifications (Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineering) or a qualified Plumber with extensive experience. In addition, you must possess:
- A solid understanding of Local Government operations with experience in the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater network systems.
- Ability to interpret, administer and comply with the legislation and regulations relevant to water and wastewater practices.
- Proven leadership capability with experience in developing and encouraging teams in achieving performance excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to liaise with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Well-developed computer skills with the ability to interrogate water and wastewater systems.
The position is being offered on a permanent basis with a base salary range of $102,527 to $114,836 plus superannuation, 9 day fortnight, commuter use vehicle, professional development, discounted corporate health plans and gym memberships and salary packaging opportunities.
To obtain an information package contact LO-GO Appointments on 07 5477 5433 or email email@example.com
Applications close, Monday 4th December 2023 at 8.00am
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2023
- QLD - Warwick
- $102,527 to $114,836
- Work Type:
- Full Time