Capital Delivery Principal Engineer
Southern Downs Regional Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Southern Downs Regional Council
Situated one hour south of Toowoomba and two hours southwest of Brisbane is Warwick, a thriving regional hub, offering the best of both worlds; a relaxed and friendly country town charm combined with a high standard of services and facilities. The Southern Downs region is a great place to live, work and play which offers affordable living with access to World Heritage listed national parks, iconic festivals and award-winning cellar doors on the Granite Belt – Queensland’s only cold climate wine country.
The Position: As the Capital Delivery Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for providing professional assistance to the Manager Water in the administration, operations, maintenance, renewals annuity and infrastructure upgrades for all aspects of the water cycle. This includes catchment management, dam storage, water treatment, water distribution, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment and recycling.
Skills / Experience Required: Council is seeking an individual with relevant tertiary qualifications (Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineering) along with RPEQ registration or the ability to obtain within 2 years. In addition, you must possess:
- Demonstrated experience in the water and wastewater industry with knowledge of asset management planning, lifecycle management policies, strategies, processes and procedures.
- Experience in project and program development and management.
- Well-developed research, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to create and utilise relevant management systems.
- Proven leadership capability with experience in developing and mentoring teams in achieving operational outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to liaise with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The position is being offered on a permanent basis with a base salary range of $102,527 to $114,836 plus superannuation, 9-day fortnight, commuter use vehicle, professional development, discounted corporate health plans and gym memberships and salary packaging opportunities.
To obtain an information package, please contact LO-GO Appointments on 07 5477 5433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 4th December 2023 at 8.00am
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2023
- QLD - Warwick
- $102,527 - $114,836 plus super
- Work Type:
- Full Time