About the Role
This fixed term fulltime role is a key technical member of the Infrastructure Services group. This position is required to provide the Windows Server Operations team with Microsoft Server product advanced, complex, technical advice and knowledge, to ensure the successful maintenance and health of the Operational capabilities of CenITex’s Managed Microsoft Windows Servers Platforms, Vmware environment and Active Directory environments.
You will be required to resolve 2nd level specialist support issues to a high standard and within service level targets. As part of this role, on-call support may be a requirement, for after hours fault rectification, based on a rostered schedule across each technical team.
CenITex has adopted the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework and this role will need to provide operational support services within the provisioned Service Desk Toolsets and Defined Support Processes (Incident, Problem, Change and Release).
Technical knowledge and expertise required include:
- Demonstrated experience working with a team of engineers in a large, technical environment, which supports 1000 or more internal Wintel Servers
- Demonstrated experience in the following key areas:
- Windows 2008 & 2012 Server Build (32 & 64bit)
- Administer Active Directory (Security, Group Policy, Health Monitoring)
- Trouble shooting techniques with Windows Server OS, DHCP, DNS, File and Print Services and Active Directory
- Server Hardening Process and Techniques
- Demonstrated experience in a large server virtualisation environment, P2V and V2V utilising ESX 5x and Virtual Centre
- Windows Server OS and Event Monitoring
- Sound technical understanding of TCP/IP protocol (OSI Model, Protocol Analysis)
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- SCCM & Microsoft Clustering
- HP Wintel hardware (including enclosures, blades and Proliant series servers) and monitoring tools
- DFS & McAfee Antivirus & Scripting languages for task automation (PowerShell)
- Experience in transitioning of large technical environments, as well as experience with ITIL aligned processes (Incident, Problem, Change and Release)
- Customer service focused, with excellent oral and written skills, including preparation of reports and experience creating, maintaining and following technical procedures
- A relevant business or ICT tertiary qualification would be highly regarded
Want to know more?
The full position description can be accessed by clicking the “Apply Now” field.
All employment is subject to satisfactory National Police Record Check and the right to live and work in Australia.
Applications close 20 February 2017. Applications must include a cover letter & a document addressing the key selection criteria. All documents must be provided in Word format.
For further information please email Jackie Bozinovski on Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org