Network Operations & Switching - [Archived Advertisement]
ElectraNet (View other jobs from this organisation)
Various opportunities available in South Australia based on experience.
We own, build, operate and maintain South Australia’s high voltage transmission network, delivering electricity from generators to distributors to enable retailers to supply power to homes, businesses, and communities across the state.
Our Network Operations team are responsible for monitoring and operating the transmission network and connection of assets. This includes planning, coordinating, and controlling outages and switching operations, responding to unplanned events, and monitoring system performance to ensure system stability, reliability, and compliance.
With succession planning in mind, we are currently looking for candidates for various opportunities within the team:
- Network Switching and Outage Coordinator
- Network Switching Writer
Both opportunities will provide extensive on-the-job training to prepare you for a career as either a Transmission System Operator in our System Monitoring and Switching Centre (Control Room) or Power Systems Engineer, depending on your capabilities and interests.
Your previous experience working as an operator in the field undertaking switching and commissioning activities, has enabled you to develop a strong understanding of high-voltage power systems and associated equipment. Alternatively, you may be a recent Electrical Engineering graduate with an interest in Power Systems, looking for a career in network operations.
Your prior experience and knowledge will be complemented by:
- Well-developed analytical, investigation and problem-solving skills
- Advance written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build rapport with a broad stakeholder group
- The ability to work across several high-risk activities concurrently, with thoughtful and clear intent
- Knowledge of legislated industry requirements
Safety is at the heart of all that we do, and our most valuable assets are our people.
Our people are what make ElectraNet a great place to work. We also work flexibly to achieve our outcomes, collaborating in the office, onsite or virtually to ensure we provide energy and infrastructure solutions for a better world.
These roles are underpinned by the ElectraNet Enterprise Agreement, with remuneration starting from:
- Network Switching Writer - $95,000 + Superannuation + Bonus
- Network Switching and Outage Coordinator - $118,000 + Superannuation + Bonus
- Power Systems Engineer - $105,000 + Superannuation + Bonus
- Transmission System Operator (Shift Roster) - $130,000 + Superannuation + 29% Shift loading + Bonus
For further information on all our employee benefits please visit our website. This role is open to local, interstate and overseas candidates who have work rights for South Australia. Relocation support may be provided.
Applications close 14 March 2021. Please apply online.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time