Geospatial System Administrator - [Archived Advertisement]
Geospatial System Administrator
- Generous salary package and staff benefitts
- Role based in the heart of Canberra
- Make an impact at Canberra’s most iconic brand
Power to shine
Our Technology team are looking for an organised, motivated and technically strong Geospatial Systems Administrator, to provide system administration services for Evoenergy’s Electrical Asset Management System (ArcFM) and Geographical Information System (GIS).
This role is a key component of an engaged and hardworking Evoenergy IT team who aim to deliver a stable IT base that aligns with Evoenergy corporate strategies.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- You will monitor Evoenergy’s operational technology platforms in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the Geospatial portfolio and associated operational technology systems.
- You will provide expert technical advice, feedback and education to key users to improve awareness, understanding and functionality of the applications within the geospatial portfolio.
- You will develop and maintain IT system and technical documentation relevant to the geospatial domain, including the development and effective application of standards, processes and procedures to safeguard data integrity and accuracy of the IT systems / platform into the future.
- You will respond to user-raised Requests and Incidents in a timely manner.
- Partnering with the business to build and maintain positive relationships, you will understand, anticipate and influence the Geospatial portfolio and Information Technology outcomes.
You will need to be successful:
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience on Enterprise GIS with specialised experience as a GIS Systems Administrator.
- Specialised experience and/or knowledge in the management, use and administration of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcSDE, SQL databases and ArcGIS Server.
- Specialised experience in providing technical and user support of IT applications.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and proactively solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with ArcFM system are highly desirable.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications and capabilities you can bring to the role.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Zakir Hossain, Senior Geospatial Systems Administratoron (02) 6270 7991.
Applications will close on Friday 17th December 2021.
Please note: ActewAGL’s intention is to shortlist candidates prior to Christmas and interviews will be conducted in January 2022. We wish you a safe and happy holiday season.
- Closing Date:
- 17 Dec 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- $152,764 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time