Head of Projects / Project Director - [Archived Advertisement]
Todae Solar (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Projects / Project Director
Founded in 2003, Todae Solar is Australia’s #1 commercial solar installer*. We are a multi-award winning & industry-leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction Company of commercial & industrial solar with an impressive portfolio and an unwavering commitment to quality. Our company’s philosophy is rooted in sustainability, and our services are backed by experience and knowledge. Todae Solar has installed solar power in tens of thousands of locations across the country.
Working from our National office based in Rosebery, the Head of Projects will lead our team of project managers to deliver a portfolio of multi-megawatt solar projects in the commercial, industrial and small utility solar space. This senior leadership position entails a self-aware individual who, by their example, can cultivate and lead the vision of a project culture that works alongside and with, a very diverse team of managers and innovation specialists to the benefit of the entire organisation and its project partners and stakeholders.
- Manage project delivery team including project managers, coordinators and planners
- Deliver a portfolio of projects on budget, on time and to the expected level of quality while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Drive customer-focused team culture
- Provide high-quality project reporting on revenue, cash and profitability as well as safety, risk, issues and non-conformance registers
- Collaborate with internal engineering, supply chain, finance and construction teams to optimise delivery methodologies
- Interact directly with key clients and subcontractors
- Mentor and guide project managers towards providing higher customer satisfaction and innovation
- Support Todae Solar's growing program of work in winning future projects
- Professional qualification and proven track record in project management (PMP and a solid knowledge of PMBOK would be highly regarded)
- Construction or solar industry experience (in EPC)
- Experience directly managing teams and people with strong mentorship capabilities (experience in leading teams outside of a sole project related team would be highly regarded)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (across internal and external stakeholder including but not limited to ASX listed companies procurement teams to subcontractors to financiers).
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Mastery in project management processes around budget, schedule, contract and risk management
- Understanding of Australian WHS, Construction and Solar regulation is a plus
- Working from the head office in Rosebery and from site from time to time
- 5 days per week
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
More about our team
Todae Solar is an award winning and experienced team of solar experts with international experience in designing, procuring and constructing solar for businesses around Australia. Since 2003, Todae Solar has installed over 100MW+ of solar making them one of Australia’s most trusted solar energy EPCs. Todae Solar’s company philosophy is rooted in sustainability with a commitment to the highest quality installations, while their services are backed by deep knowledge and experience.
The Commercial Solar industry has been one of the fastest growing industries in Australia over recent years, and our innovative organisation has been integral to Australia’s evolution from fossil fuels to a lower cost electricity business model and reliable long term solution through solar. We are driven by our commitment to our employees, customers and to our environment.
*Todae Solar was the #1 commercial installer in 2019 (100kW-1000kW) for total system size installations as verified by SunWiz Solar Industry Intelligence - Australian PV Market Insights.
Please do not apply for this role if you don't meet the essential skills that are required. Thank you
No agencies please.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Jun 2020
- NSW - Rosebery
- Work Type:
- Full Time