Water Quality Systems Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Flow Systems Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Quality Systems Manager
Flow Systems Pty Ltd is a sustainable multi-utility providing drinking water, recycled water, wastewater services, embedded energy networks and hot water systems to communities including greenfield and urban infill communities. In total, Flow Systems is providing utility services to over 400 communities and ultimately 100,000 customers in the next five years.
Our people drive our mission of creating next generation utilities that enable self-sufficient communities by exceeding the expectations of our customers through sustainable innovation, leadership and smart-thinking.
We are seeking an experienced and diligent Water Quality Systems Manager own and maintain Flow’s Business Management System including its associated management plans ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations. This role involves working closely with the Sustainable Utility Services team, and Risk and Compliance team, providing consultation and training for continual improvement.
Water Quality Management Systems (WQMS):
- Maintain and continually improve the WQMS as part of Flow's Business Management System, ensuring that the system is effective as a whole to manage risks associated with the supply of drinking water, recycled water and sewerage services.
Water Quality Management Plans:
- Own, maintain and continually improve the company's WQM Plans and subordinate documents in accordance with Australian Guidelines for Water Recycling, Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and Water Industry Competition (General) Regulation 2008 (and its updates)
- Annual review of WQM plans
- Update WQM plans in response to changes in legislation or other requirements, audits and changes in infrastructure processes
- Document control of the WQM plans and the suite of subordinate documents that make up the WQM plans
- Consult with health and other key stakeholders on changes to the WQM plans as reuqired
- Consut with Water Operations team to ensure proposed changes are practical to implement
- Update and maintain associated training material and train operations personnel on changes to WQM plans
- Support the ongoing implementation of WQM plan changes to the Water Operations team
- Own, maintain and continually improve the scheme risk registers
- Coordinate facilitated risk review workshops with health and other key stakeholders
- Ensure risk controls are in visible, communicated and implemented
- Prepare sites and systems for audit
- Facilitate audit and answers to follow-up questions
- Coordinate response and report on findings
- Ensure effective implementation of the WQMS through regular internal testing
Water Quality Improvement Plan
- Own, maintain and continually improve Flow's Water Quality Improvement Plan
- Demonstrate quality workplace practices consistent with Flow's policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Process Engineering Qualification (Chemical or Environmental Engineering
- Cert III Training desirable
- 5+ years working in the development and improvement of water quality management systems in accordance with the Australian Guidelines
- Experience with water quality system reuqirements under the Water Industry Competition Act 2006 (NSW) desirable
The successful applicant will be proactive in identifying effective solutions and continuous improvement to achieving goals.
You will be working within an energetic organisation that encourages your growth and development and provides the best of facilities for its employees.
You will enjoy a collaborative work culture where you will be supported and empowered to contribute your ideas and identify opportunities for your team, the business and yourself. We are dedicated to the values of diversity and inclusion and have a firm commitment to ethical practices and corporate responsibility.
- Flexible workplace
- Health and well-being initiatives
- Corporate discounts available
- Excellent on-site facilities such as end of trip showers, lockers and bike racks
You can learn more about Flow by visiting: https://www.flowsystems.com.au/
Flow Systems Pty Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Flow are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Flow will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Flow encourages applicants of all ages.
- NSW - Sydney
- $95,000 - $109,999
- Work Type:
- Full Time