Project Manager/ Senior Solar Project Engineer - Renewable Energy - [Archived Advertisement]
Project Manager/ Senior Solar Project Engineer - Renewable Energy
UL is a trusted independent advisory, testing, inspection and certification body for a broad range of industries. Our comprehensive portfolio of renewable energy solutions help stakeholders plan, design, finance, build, invest, operate, maintain, and manage wind both on land and offshore, and solar throughout the project lifecycle and across the value chain. Working with UL means you have access to proven science, expert engineering, and innovative solutions that address the unique challenges of these industries. With offices in over 140 countries, a team of over 500 experts, and 35 years of experience we are well positioned to help mitigate risk and navigate complexities associated with renewable energy to empower successful outcomes.
Our customers are project developers, operators, owners, banks, investors but also OEMs. Being responsible for the project management and development of the Australia New Zealand (ANZ) market, you play a key role in developing and supporting our customers and prospects to satisfy their needs.
You will be part of the UL Renewables division. You will be physically located alongside UL colleagues from different fields, however, in this role most business related collaboration is managed remotely. Therefore, it is important that you enjoy working independently and are prepared to structure your daily work tasks. We offer continuous training on technical issues as well as communication, management and other fields of personal development. In return, we expect you to proactively grow your knowledge of products and our services. We offer you the opportunity to work in one of the world’s most reputable renewable energy consulting businesses and a workplace that values integrity and scientific know-how as the key ingredients to deliver first class results.
AWS Truepower (2016) and DEWI-OCC (2012) both brands are now UL in all markets and regions around the globe, offer global wind energy certification and advisory services.
UL is seeking a Project Manager/Senior Solar Project Engineer to join our ANZ Team.
As a member of the Technical Advisory Services team, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing high profile independent engineering and technical advisory projects for wind and solar projects. The Project Manager will be the main interface and coordination between clients and staff on the project team. This position responsibilities will include:
- Participate in project proposals detailing a clearly defined scope and understanding of client required deliverables and establishing a corresponding budget that satisfies the client’s expectations;
- Work with client to clarify and communicate project objectives, including success criteria in order to identify project team, and ensure project deliverables stay on-time, on-target, and on-budget;
- Prepare communication plan and related project status reports. Facilitate and lead regular status meetings with internal project team, sponsors, and stakeholders;
- Focus on the improvement of wind/solar power market in ANZ and will be involved looking deeply into management and technical services in many areas: site selection, campaign design and management, wind/solar farms sites suitability studies, plant design, turbine/PV module layouts, energy production, engineering analysis, due diligence and field measurements;
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to identify project risks, barriers, and issues and propose possible solutions and mitigation strategies;
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects;
- Attend applicable conferences business development meetings and client meetings as required;
- Learn and work in energy assessments and wind resource modeling;
- Provide support to Engineering Leader for Asia Pacific
- Support business development activities, including meeting with customers to explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Understand and ensure company quality standards are met
Additionally your responsibility will be to assist in taking technical lead in solar related projects. The responsibilities may (but not limited to) be:
- Timely and efficient completion of high-quality renewable energy analysis work
- Carry out both pre-construction and operational energy analyses, including:
- Review, validation, and analysis of meteorological data for solar resource assessments.
- Design and optimization of solar plants to meet project requirements.
- Estimation of plant losses and calculation of assessment uncertainties.
- Management and analysis of project data.
- Evaluation of project constraints, risks, and other non-quantitative aspects of plant development.
- Contribute to reports and other analyses for clients
- Initiates communication with clients to promote and explain the benefits of new and existing services. Follows up on contacts from clients. Communicates with clients to discuss technical issues, explain UL procedures and requirements, convey project cost, and negotiate completion date and sample requirements. Acts to address client concerns and to resolve client issues. Provides technical assistance to clients in reference to product inspection and follow-up services.
- Performs other duties as directed
In addition, candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skills, and thrive in a proactive and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor in engineering, preferably Master in Renewables, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil engineering;
- At least minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role for services focusing on technical advisory of wind/solar projects for project financing, tax equity, sales and acquisitions of wind and solar projects and portfolios, including overseeing turbine technology review, PV modules technology review, civil and electrical design review, review of commercial and technical contracts, project schedule, project financial model, CAPEX and OPEX costs, environmental and permitting review, site visits and construction monitoring;
- Good knowledge of the technical best practices as well as local requirements for wind/solar farm development in ANZ, construction and operation, including inspection, testing and certification for turbine and PV module manufacturers;
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers as well as in-house;
- Ability to promote our services to technical and commercial decision makers as well as to engineers evaluating our service;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and other local languages;
- Willingness to travel, 15 - 25% of the time as an estimation
- More than 5-7 years’ experience in the solar energy sector will be advantages
- More than 5 year experience with solar resource assessment and solar energy modeling with PVsyst and/or Sandia PVLIB.
- Thorough working knowledge of a programming language(s) for use in statistics and data visualization, preferably in R, Python or MATLAB.
- Database management skills preferably in PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of current PV technology with a focus on operational performance assessment.
- Proven track record with SCADA analysis. Analysis of periodic events and time series data
- Knowledge of data science concepts such as machine learning.
The position will report to Engineering Leader – Renewables Asia Pacific
- A competitive salary and a bonus arrangement
- An international, innovative and dynamic work environment
- Personal development: a large range of trainings which enables you to develop your technical and soft skills
How to apply:
Please click on the 'apply now' button and submit a cover letter plus an up to date Resume highlighting your experience. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time