Senior Research Manager - Program Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Water Research Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Research Australia (WaterRA) is a national not-for-profit organisation, established and funded by its members. A leading provider of research services to the water industry, WaterRA undertakes collaborative urban and regional water research that generates innovation and impact at a local and national scale. Headquartered in Adelaide, WaterRA has members across Australia and staff outposted in Melbourne, Bendigo and Sydney.
An exciting new Adelaide-based opportunity has emerged for an exceptional Senior Research Manager – Program Lead to join the WaterRA Leadership team and contribute to business success through dynamic leadership of our research strategy development and program delivery. The position will be responsible for leading (and being part of) our small but awesome team of research managers located around Australia in the efficient and effective development and delivery of research and innovation projects and programs that meet the current and future needs of the water industry. As part of the broader Research Service team you will assist our members to measure and realise maximum value from their research investment across all stages of the research lifecycle.
This role requires strong people and project management skills, a collaborative work ethic, effective communication and a passion for building relationships across the WaterRA Big Team - our Members (industry, research, government, regulatory, consultancy), Trusted Partners, Alumni, Staff and Board.
With a member-centric mindset, you will need to perform well under pressure as you lead a team of professionals in the delivery of high impact research solutions that add value to our members’ businesses while contributing to the growth of WaterRA.
- lead a geographically-dispersed team to be high-performing & support their wellbeing
- lead development and program manage delivery of WaterRA’s Research Strategy
- project manage the development, enhancement and application of individual research, projects including knowledge translation and adoption, and benefits measurement;
- contribute to the development of new and improved products and services that enable collaborative research and build research leadership capability among our members;
- establish and maintain productive and respectful relationships with key stakeholders including water utilities, research institutions and other industry organisations; and,
- provide support to the CEO and Board, and as part of the business leadership team, develop and deliver WaterRA’s corporate strategy.
What the successful candidate will look like:
Tertiary qualifications in science, engineering or a related field (and preferably a post-graduate research-based qualification)
- Experience in a water utility, research organisation or related consulting role
Experience in science communication and project management in an R&D or technical environment
In addition, the suitable candidate will have proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly across multiple technical areas, and to establish and maintain strong stakeholder relationships. They will be proactive and positive, member-focused, an attentive listener, innovative and creative, articulate and confident in presenting at events and facilitating workshops. Flexibility in interstate travel is also required. Secondments from one of our Member organisations will be considered.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading provider of research services that benefit the Australian community.
To apply please forward you resume and cover letter outlining why you feel you are right for this role and how you think you can make an impact to Karen Rouse, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Mark Andersson, Engagement & Marketing Manager, email@example.com
Get to know more about WaterRA visit waterra.com.au.
Applications requested by: 12 midnight 27 October 2019
- SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time