Senior Construction Supervisor - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Gold Coast (View other jobs from this organisation)
City of Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, combining exciting challenges with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast about.
How We Do Things
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Position
This position provides senior construction contract administration of projects within the Capital Works Program; acts in the role of Superintendent's Representative; supervises and mentors construction supervisors; and accepts responsibility to act in the role of Superintendent as required.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Provision of project leadership, supervision of construction supervisors and contract management of multi-disciplinary projects;
- Administer construction contracts in the role of Superintendent's Representative in accordance with the requirements of the contract documentation;
- Act in the role of Superintendent, as required;
- Provision of multi-disciplinary coaching and mentoring of construction supervisors and inspectors;
- Develop improved construction administration procedures and associated documentation;
- Provision of multi-disciplinary guidance and professional advice to other officers to assist in the effective delivery of projects;
- Participate in the pre-tendering process and during the tender process to assist the project manager to expedite the awarding of contracts;
- Responsible for the contract administration process including correspondence and handover coordination, and liaison with all stakeholders;
- Assist project managers in the effective and timely control, reporting and management of projects.
You will have technical/electrical engineering qualifications from a tertiary institution and substantial relevant experience, or a combination of substantial contract administration experience, knowledge and expertise in electrical engineering discipline, involving water, sewer or solid waste infrastructure delivery.
You are someone who can/has:
- Plan and organise self and others to ensure the timely completion of tasks;
- Deliver high quality service to internal and external customers and understands, and reacts responsively to customer expectations;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution;
- An ability to lead and manage staff and foster good relationships as part of a high performing team;
- An ability to prioritise problems, think laterally, gather and analyse information to identify symptoms and causes, and engage the right people to reach better outcomes;
- A demonstrated commitment to safety from both a leadership and personal perspective;
- A current driver's licence; and,
- Construction Safety Card - White Card.
About Asset Solutions
As part of the City of Gold Coast (COGC) Water and Waste (WW) Directorate, the Asset Solutions Branch works in close liaison with our Service Sustainability Branch to design and develop infrastructure based on business needs to meet community growth, and asset renewal requirements, and with the Network Reliability and System Control Branches to meet operational improvement objectives.
Asset Solutions is responsible for the design, construction and acceptance of assets to ensure a sufficient and continuous supply of safe and reliable drinking water and recycled water to meet the communities needs and expectations. The Asset Solutions Branch is also responsible for the design, construction and acceptance of assets to ensure the safe collection, treatment, disposal and reuse of wastewater (and residues) for the protection of human health and safety.
How do I Apply?
You will need to have an eRecruit account in order to apply for this position. If you do not already have one, please select "Create a New Account" within eRecruit and create a profile. For more details, please refer to the attached Job Success Profile. If you require further information after reading the Job Success Profile, please call the listed Contact Person. For queries or issues regarding the eRecruit system please phone 1300 465 326 during Business Hours.
Please note applications for this position will close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
The City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply.
As part of our selection process, you will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
You can now stay up to date with all of our advertised vacancies by joining our recruitment Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/COGCRecruitment
- Closing Date:
- 10 Jan 2019
- QLD - Nerang
- $96,129.13 to $101,757.19
- Work Type:
- Full Time