Navy Communications Networks Engineering Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
Navy Communications Networks Engineering Manager
Executive Level 2
$117,204 - $140,680 (plus super)
Campbell Park, ACT
The role of this position is to lead the Navy Communications Networks Technology Cell within Combat Cyber and sensors Domain, Naval Technical Bureau (NTB).
Key duties include:
This position provides engineering and technical advice to Navy capability managers on communications networks and provides the following support:
- Develops and maintains Navy Fleet Information Environment (FIE), Royal Australian Navy Tactical Data Link (RAN TDL), Maritime Tactical Wide Area Network (MTWAN), Command Support Systems (CSS), Emanation Security (EMSEC), Communications Security (COMSEC) and Crypto systems Requirements.
- Developing and maintaining the Navy Material Requirements Set (MRS) for all navy communications networks systems.
- Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) support on Navy Communications Networks to NTB customers.
- Identifying and reporting on Navy Communications Networks capability shortfalls and assess the technical risks and advice the executive authority.
- Providing advice on Design certification and witness navy communications networks tests and trials.
- Undertake Design Acceptance Representative (DAR) responsibilities for Communications Networks systems (Navy major and minor projects), and managing EMSEC certification for Navy secure communications systems.
- Member of AUSCANNZUKUS working groups including the permanent Technical Working Group, ad-hoc Experimental Working Group and ah-hoc Architecture Working Group, AUSCANNZUKUS supports exchange of information among the Five Navies on concepts and technologies in the field of maritime tactical command, control, communications and computers (C4), assesses the interoperability issues between Allied forces, and identifies potential problems and their solutions.
Application Closing Date: Friday 12th October 2018.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference NAVY/03415/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
- Closing Date:
- 12 Oct 2018
- ACT - Canberra
- $117,204 - $140,680 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2