Discipline Leader - Radar Systems - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Science and Technology (DST) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Discipline Leader - Radar Systems
Executive Level 2 (S&T Level 6)
$117,204 - $140,680 (plus super)
Defence Science & Technology’s (DST) National Security and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Division (NSID) is looking for an experienced and motivated leader with a keen interest in radar systems design and development, radar performance assessment, and electronic protection, to fill the role of Discipline Leader - Radar Systems (DLRS).
Under broad direction the successful applicant will contribute to and collaborate on research and development activities into counter-low observables techniques, radar systems design and electronic protection, which are integral to DST support to radar capabilities being acquired and developed under major Defence acquisition projects. The DLRS position will provide discipline leadership to support ongoing development of the DST active microwave radar experimentation program. The position will also play a leadership role in the radar support and collaboration for Project SEA 5000 which is acquiring surface radar systems.
Duties and Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for leading and directing a team undertaking advanced phased array radar technology development and demonstrations, real time signal processing, small target detection and electronic protection implementation.
- Conducting personal research or engineering in one or more of the above-mentioned areas.
- Working closely with domestic industry and international partners to support performance evaluation and predictive analysis of current and future capabilities as part of a collaborative program that will enhance the next generation of surface radar systems currently being developed for the Australian Defence Force.
- Responsible for planning and managing the staff and financial resources required to deliver outcomes against Project S&T Plans.
Other Role Specific Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge, experience and skills with the range of radar technologies that are applied in the surface radar domain.
- Knowledge and experience with performance prediction and analysis of radar systems conducting surface operations is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of highly evolved engineering or research skills in radar systems, radar signal and array processing, electronic sensor, environment modelling, and/or Electronic Warfare systems.
- Experience in leading research and/or engineering teams and managing task activities to deliver project outcomes.
- Proven ability to communicate, negotiate, and interact with clients, stakeholders and partners to shape client thinking and deliver effective outcomes.
- Ability to build collaboration with internal stakeholders and with domestic and international partners.
- Ability to motivate and manage staff to build a strong team culture.
Application Closing Date: 19 December 2018.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/03755/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
- Closing Date:
- 19 Dec 2018
- SA - Edinburgh
- $117,204 - $140,680 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2