ASD4 & ASD5 Software Developers
About the Team:
Would you like to develop, build and deliver world class software to protect Australia and its national interests? Can you be counted on to find innovative, clever solutions and develop your skills to become a well-rounded technical professional? Are you interested in achieving things most people never get a chance to? Are you driven to figure out why your computer crashed instead of just rebooting it?
ASD is not just a government agency; we are a world class technical organisation searching for the right people to join us. Often operating in the slim area between the difficult and the impossible, we need technical specialists with strong integrity and the ability to develop solutions for the most complex mission requirements.
About the Role:
We have a range of exciting, challenging and interesting work for software developers across all groups in ASD. We are seeking people who want to be at the forefront of innovation and want to work alongside experts in a wide variety of fields. ASD provide opportunities to enhance your skills through mentoring and extensive training, and staff are encouraged to help directly shape your own technical and professional development.
ASD has a wide variety of Software Developer roles on offer. You may play a pivotal role in:
- Developing and ensuring the critical capabilities used by our workforce are fit-for-purpose, responsive to sensitive and time-critical mission requirements, and built on technology stacks in line with industry advances.
- Designing and building tools for AI/ML/Big Data developing systems that extract knowledge and insights from data to achieve ASD’s diverse mission objectives.
- Development of the platforms used by the Australia Cyber Security Centre to inform and interact with its stakeholders that range from individuals through to large organisations and government agencies.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience or Training
ASD is seeking candidates with a wide and diverse set of software development expertise. You will need to demonstrate your level of skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one programming language.
- Development that involves communications between different systems.
- Development using automated and scalable development practices.
- Designing and developing effective User Experience (UX)
- Develop for a range of architectures and environments, including containerised, virtualised, or cloud platforms.
- Developing capabilities for and using big data platforms.
- Building, extending, or using existing monitoring tools to optimise performance and stability in complex, high-data rate systems.
Please ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Information Pack prior to submitting an application.
Citizenship - To be eligible for employment with ASD, applicants must be an Australian citizen.
Health Assessment - The preferred applicant may be required to undergo a medical examination conducted by the Agency’s preferred medical provider.
Organisational Assessment – To be eligible for employment within ASD, the preferred applicant will be required to undergo an Organisational Assessment (see Organisational Assessment section in the Information Pack).
Security Clearance - The preferred applicant will be required to successfully undergo the security clearance vetting process at a specified clearance level. The preferred applicant
MUST be willing to disclose all relevant and required information.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 2 October 2022.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference ASD/06216/22