Storage and Facilities Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Storage and Facilities Engineer
About the Role
As part of a multi-disciplinary ICT Infrastructure team, as the Storage & Facilities Engineer you will work closely with colleagues within the ICT Services Division as well as key stakeholders and vendors as required. You will also help build and maintain a strong client focussed ICT service culture to support AFSA’s business operations.
We are seeking an ICT professional who will be the technical escalation point for the delivery of storage capabilities to AFSA through the management and maintenance of AFSA’s storage and backup solutions in line with best practices and established policies to support the achievement of organisational objectives and strategic plans.
As the technical specialist, you will:
- Deploy and maintain systems backup and facilities monitoring requirements and thresholds as well as corrective actions
- Perform analysis, development and evaluation of backup and facilities of AFSA’s storage and backup services
- Plan, coordinate and implement measures to address the appropriate setting and enforcement of retention periods for different backup and facilities systems data sets, rotations and lifecycles; and the strategies and capability for timely recovery of this data and to meet required Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Implement measures to address the protective security aspects of the agency’s ICT facilities, data and physical ICT assets
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior storage engineer/administrator
- Expert knowledge in NetApp storage technologies
- Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures related to Cloud technologies
- Proven experience with Commvault
- Experience with using scripting tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and prepare reports
- Knowledge of Linux and or Windows server administration and Virtual platforms
- Certification in NetApp or Commvault would be highly desirable
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment, flexibility to balance work and personal life, and professional growth.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, peoples from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
We value employee commitment and contribution and we provide a working environment that supports staff to reach their full potential.
Applications close Thursday 27 June, 2019
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jun 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time