Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Ecosave Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer
Ecosave is the largest independent Energy Services Company (ESCO) in Australia/NZ and has over 15 years' experience designing and implementing more than 600 performance based energy and water efficiency projects across more than 3,000 sites throughout Australia and abroad. Refer www.ecosave.com.au.
The Ecosave Sydney office is located in Seven Hills and additional offices are in Melbourne, Adelaide and Wellington. Our Ecosave North American operations are located in Philadelphia.
Significant recent success and a growing sales funnel is funding an investment in high quality engineering resources throughout the firm at technical and project management levels.
Brief summary of role:
- Consult and advise on engineering services to identify and calculate Energy and Water Conservation Measures within the Government, built environment and selected commercial vertical markets
- Project management (or support of program manager on large projects) of projects including development of sales proposals, installation of measures and delivery of savings results
- Measure and Verify (M&V) the identified savings including Actual Savings Reports (ASR) or M&V Reports
- Peer review of other projects, technology identification and verification
Key activities required by the role:
- Develop engineering solutions to deliver energy & water savings solutions (20%)
- Prepare sales proposal content to describe these solutions (10%)
- Manage selected subcontractors and suppliers to source, validate and deliver energy and water savings technologies (10%)
- Define scope, costing and schedule project management activities (10%)
- Be accountable for installation of the solutions (30%)
- Commissioning the solutions (10%)
- Validate the predicted savings as per the ASR / M&V Report (5%)
- Continuous professional development (5%)
The qualifications, experience and skills required by the role:
- Holds a 4 year degree in electrical, mechanical, or HVAC engineering.
- Technology and industry certifications
- Legal right to work in Australia
- Five years or more demonstrable track record in delivering Energy Efficiency projects.
- Technical experience with energy efficiency technologies
- In-depth building services knowledge such as HVAC, BMS and lighting
- Demonstrate initiative
- Project management fundamentals
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to work effectively across a large geographic and customer spread
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships
- Ability to manage subcontractors
- Demonstrable flair for sourcing and implementing new technology
- Demonstrated performance in working with solution providers to provide energy/utility performance improvements in commercial, industrial and health facilities
- Commercial acumen
- Pre-Sales and client facing acumen
- Up-to-date with energy efficiency technology
- Familiar with the Energy Efficiency Council suite of best practice guides (BPG) is preferred
- Understanding of the requirements for and the undertaking of Energy Audits in accordance with AS/NZS 3598
- Knowledge of energy modelling / best practice (AIRAH etc)
The role is required to display the following behavioural characteristics:
- Personal initiative
- Customer service ethic
- Interpersonal communication
- Time management
- Analysis / problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Relationship building
- Flexible and creative
Ecosave recognises and handsomely rewards results rather than effort, demands high levels of client responsiveness and respects direct communication and individual initiative. We actively develop our staff through the Ecosave Academy.
We welcome applications from engineering professionals who thrive in a fast growth, create your own destiny, dynamic and professional environment.
This is an immediate opportunity driven by growth. Interviews will occur in early April and offers made for commencement within four weeks.
Please review our website at www.ecosave.com.au and apply via the Seek portal
All applications will be respectfully acknowledged.
- NSW - Seven Hills
- Work Type:
- Full Time