Planning & Future Networks Manager
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Generous salary package including 15% Superannuation
- Ongoing role located in South Canberra
- Senior Leadership Opportunity
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
We have rare opportunity for a skilled senior leader to join our Strategy and Operations group, leading our Planning and Future Networks team who work to develop viable options to deliver efficient, safe & reliable electricity network services to the community.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to shape Evoenergy’s longer term business, network and asset strategy. You will also conduct research and data analysis to inform business decisions, set the asset management strategy and driving the development of network planning. This role will require you to keep abreast of changing markets, technologies and emerging network transformation business models and drive innovation and new technologies into the energy network.
Canberra is ahead of the energy transition curve having achieved 100% renewable electricity and having a net zero carbon target by 2045. The ACT is also the first jurisdiction to tackle transport emissions by the announcement of a zero-emission vehicle strategy including a phase out of internal combustion engine passenger vehicles from 2035. Planning our network to operate in the future will be a real and present challenge for the role.
A day in the life:
- Pro-actively lead the development of Evoenergy network strategies associated with Planning and Future Networks
- Coordinate future network innovation and pilot projects
- Align section processes, resources-planning and goals with the overall strategy
- Research utility industry trends to identify threats, opportunities and emerging technologies
- Deliver network planning business cases that demonstrate a risk based approach including non-network options.
- Develop Asset Management risk model enhancements for network and asset investment
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop future network opportunities and to set a path to the Distribution System Operator (DSO) future.
- Provide leadership to the section, from managing team performance and mentoring/coaching as required, to the provision of guidance and instruction
- You hold tertiary qualifications in either engineering, technical regulation or similar. Further business related qualifications are advantageous.
- Experience as a technology and business strategic planner
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in network distribution technical operations and procedures
- You have sound knowledge of the national electricity rules and regulatory frameworks, as well as emerging energy network disruptive technologies.
- In-depth understanding of trends and changes impacting the utility industry
- You have demonstrated experience in dealing with regulators such as the AER and jurisdictional technical regulators across the industry
- You have an exceptional analytical mind-set, are dynamic in thought and know how to promote, contribute to and implement change with the ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Proven leadership skills and experience including the ability to set strategic direction as well as encourage and support teams.
About our application process
You should apply through our Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
Do you have questions about the role? You can contact Leylann Hinch, Group Manager Strategy and Operations on 0477 347 854
Applications will close on Thursday 18th August 2022.
Thinking about the move to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 450,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an extraordinary location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live."
- Closing Date:
- 18 Aug 2022
- ACT - Greenway
- Work Type:
- Full Time