Electrical Works Practices Manager
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Ongoing, Full-time position located in South Canberra
- $146,116 + 15% Superannation
- Rare leadership opportunity
Are you passionate about the electricity distribution industry and continuous improvement in safe work practices? Then we have the role for you!
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
About the opportunity
Evoenergy are looking for an experienced leader who can lead and manage our works practice team, a team of 5 who are responsible for maintaining and updating the Electrical Safety Rules and live work practice documentation, field quality assurance and accreditation and authorisation management for the business.
As the Electrical Works Practices Manager you will be responsible for researching, developing, documenting and advising on the design of electrical network work practices to meet various requirements and good industry practice. You will also work closely and collaboratively with our senior leaders as well as our Safety team.
In this role you will:
- Providing subject matter expertise, guidance and leadership to support the successful implementation of electrical works practices that will effectively improve our operations, resulting in a safe and quality built electrical distribution system
- Establishing and owning processes for optimization and modernisation of electrical work practices and identify opportunities for application within the business.
- Develop and implement measurable performance criteria for all Electrical Work Practice activities
- Manage the team in the development of the Quality Assurance Installation Test Plans (ITP) for all construction and maintenance activities.
- Management of the Evoenergy Accreditation and Authorisation team to comply with the requirement of Evoenergy’s Electrical Safety Rules
- Building and nurturing strong partnerships internally and externally
- Represent Evoenergy on relevant industry committees and working groups
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or above) in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating the development and implementation of work practice improvements and documentation.
- Experience leading work in the operation and maintenance of electricity network infrastructure
- Highly developed writing skills with an ability to take technical information and convert it into clear and succinct requirements
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage, influence and negotiate, and a track record of leading through open and honest communication with your team
Does this sound like a leadership opportunity for you?
If so, please log onto our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a maximum two-page pitch outlining the key skills, experiences, and behaviours that you can bring to this role by referring to the 'you will have' statements.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Wayne Cleland, Asset Standards Manager on 0436 856 309.
For enquiries about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 25th October 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Oct 2020
- ACT - Greenway
- $146,116 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time