Team Lead - Embedded Generation - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- $123,847 + 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, full-time position
- South Canberra location with free car parking
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
Do you want to be part of building a better future for Canberra?
Evoenergy’s Customer Delivery Group are looking for a Team Lead with technical expertise and experience in delivering complex infrastructure projects to join our diverse team.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work on varied and interesting work whilst providing guidance and leadership to a small team. In this role you will be involved in the full range of embedded generation installations being integrated into our network from application through to design and network augmentation.
We are looking for someone who will live and breathe our customer centric philosophy, who is collaborative, forward thinking and can maintain end-to-end oversight of projects. You should enjoy partnering with different areas of the business and nurturing relationships a variety of external stakeholders to safely deliver high quality outcomes.
A day in the life:
- Ensure Evoenergy maintains compliance with service agreements and regulatory requirements
- You will undertake day-to-day decision making to progress embedded generation applications whilst advocating customers’ requirements to other business teams
- Contribute your senior engineering expertise and input into projects, especially in more complex low voltage or high voltage projects.
- Analyse customers enquiries to format a response which may involve visiting site, preparing project cost estimates and scope of work
- Responsibility for obtaining approvals and preparing and reviewing commercially sound customer contracts
- Maintain oversight of updates and developments including procedures, technical requirements, and standards.
- You will provide guidance and leadership to a small team of people focused on the delivery of embedded generation works
- You will engage with a variety of stakeholders every day including customers, developers, contractors, consultants and government agencies
- You hold a degree in electrical engineering and even better if you have project management, contract management, or other commercial qualifications to support
- Experience gained from exposure to embedded generation in design of complex electricity distribution projects, including; substations, switchyards, overhead and underground networks
- You are a self-starter, who is passionate about power and cares about driving positive safety behaviour every single day.
- You have an understanding of the energy industry legislation, regulation and technical standards
About the application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
Do you have questions about the role? Would you like to learn more? You can contact Michael Lloyd, Customer Technical Services Manager on (02) 6293 5859. Or, if you need guidance with the application process you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on 22nd July 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.â€‹
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jul 2020
- ACT - Greenway
- $123,847 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time