Group Manager Major Projects - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Group Manager Major Projects
- Exciting leadership opportunity!
- Excellent Remuneration & Benefits
- Full-Time role
About the opportunity
Within Evoenergy, the Major Projects Group are responsible for leading and achieving a portfolio of projects and provide our Program Office an oversight across the business.
This opportunity will enable you to apply your experience as a highly skilled Project Management specialist with a strong business and financial acumen to lead a multidisciplinary team to plan, coordinate, and monitor the effective and safe delivery of major customer and network augmentation work.
Most importantly, you are a strong leader and champion a work environment with a focus on achieving operational excellence and innovation.
A day in the life…
Your day could be spent in the office presenting to our Executive Team or you may need to don high vis and steel-capped boots to meet with your crew and observe work underway in the field.
- You will own the development and monitoring of a program plan, schedules, critical paths and budgets
- You will ensure and promote safe delivery of initiated construction works.
- You will be responsible for measuring and reporting on projects’ performance against set targets and ensure project prioritisation, budget, cost allocations and resource management.
- You will build and foster positive relationships with your internal and external partners
- You will on behalf of Evoenergy be a media liaison or spokesperson during periods of planned or unplanned events
Why choose us?
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. We offer a variety of flexible working options, professional development and generous salary and benefits.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- You hold qualifications in Program / Project Management and knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- You possess extensive experience in leading and delivering a program of works in a large technical organisation
- You have expert knowledge of the operation of electricity network infrastructure
- You have validated experience in the improvement of safety cultures and work practices
- You possess deep understanding of trends and changes impacting the utility industry
- You are an excellent communicator and possess high levels of organisational skills
- You are open to being on-call after hours as and when required
Does this sound like an opportunity you would relish?
If so, please log onto our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a maximum two-page cover letter outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Fiona Wright, General Manager Evoenergy on (02) 6293 5850.
For enquiries about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 2 September 2019
Recently rated Australia’s most liveable city, Canberra provides a lifestyle that is not for everyone (and we like it that way). It does offer easy access to the exceptional outdoors, quiet residential areas, short travel time to work and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing.
Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two hour trip to snow or surf. Canberra has a highly educated workforce and innovative business culture, offering a range of unique career opportunities – like this one.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Sep 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time