Play a lead role in shaping the city of the iconic Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal program; one of City of Melbourne’s most prestigious project
Salary commencing from $166,050 Total Employment Package
Executive Contract up to June 2026
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The City of Melbourne (CoM) is in the middle of a 10 year, $268m renewal of the iconic Queen Victoria Market (QVM) – the biggest infrastructure investment in the Council’s history.
Reporting to the Director City Projects, the Manager QVM Precincts Renewal is responsible for leading the direction of all project activities, including the planning, implementation, promotion, administration and delivery in the QVM Renewal Precinct, within the policy framework determined by the Council.
To be successful in this role, you will have the ability to be persuasive and tailor high quality, appropriate written and verbal communication messages to the diverse needs of the team and internal and external stakeholders. This role will lead the program as it enters the exciting delivery phase of key infrastructure projects within a live market environment. You will effectively manage expectations and will possess an independent and decisive manner to effectively form views and make decisions which will be critical to your success. As a leader you will demonstrate strong aptitude to build and manage effective and productive stakeholder relationships within a highly political and complex environment.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification to degree level in project management and/or related field such as building, architecture, planning, landscape architecture, urban design or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Leadership capability including leading by example and consistently working towards a constructive culture.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to achieve high performance outcomes with coaching skills to develop team capabilities.
- Extensive experience in project management, including development and management of high value, complex projects in a large and diverse organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven capability in stakeholder management, conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Proven leadership capability and experience, with an ability to coach other in project management methodology.
- Ability to manage project scope, significant budgets, quality and governance.
- Experienced in risk management.
- Ability to prepare and present influential business cases.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical, problem solving skills and systems and process thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and maintain business plans and associated budgetary and financial management requirements.
- Proven experience effectively managing issues within a highly political and complex environment.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact and deliver the biggest renewal in the markets history.
To view and to apply to this position please visit the City of Melbourne career page, link below:
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page), outlining your relevant skills and experience
- respond to the following application questions, which will appear as part of the application form:
1. What inspired you to apply to this role? (no more than 500 words)
2. What capabilities will you bring to the role? (no more than 500 words)
3. How will you transform your workforce to work in a constructive culture? (no more than 500 words)
4. What are your salary expectations?
Please address your covering letter to Jonathan Kambouris, Director City Projects.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 10 October 2021.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.