$125,138 + 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah Johnson.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
You will be directly responsible for coordinating and implementing the provision of asset management services for civil infrastructure across Engineering Services. You will provide an important advisory function to other areas of Council to guide the establishment and implementation of asset management practices and policies for best practice in asset management services across the organisation.
Your role will be essential in influencing the culture of the organisation to foster a leading edge ‘Asset Management’ approach and model future asset management outcomes based on economic, social and environmental sustainability. I this position you will provide strategic leadership and guidance in the implementation and administration of the corporate asset management strategy, system (AssetMaster) and associated modelling tools in order to integrate changes and project solutions to deliver the required outcomes across a number of different work areas at City Of Melbourne.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Proven practitioner experience in all aspects of civil infrastructure asset management and performance delivery
- Significant experience and expertise in asset management systems and asset performance management and measurement
- Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and organisational challenges and demonstrable experience in devising innovative solutions and responses
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications suitable to meet to level of expertise and skill required of the position
- Experience in devising innovative solutions to complex business and organisational problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to, implement, lead and coordinate cross corporate, multi-disciplinary projects and teams
- Expertise in the use of modelling tools with an emphasis on asset management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Craig Stevens, Principal Engineer Infrastructure
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.