We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking a Graduate Engineer to provide support to the Dam Safety Services Team in the ongoing implementation of the dam safety management system and other dam safety related compliance activities, to meet business, regulatory and statutory requirements; and put safety first.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with internal and external groups and individuals to support the effective running of the Dam Safety Management System
- Support the development and maintenance of dam safety risk profiles; contribute to the development of risk management strategies.
- Assess dam safety compliance and monitor risk profiles.
- Assist in the planning and managing of dam safety issues, emergency planning and responses.
- Manage assigned tasks and perform project work to meet specific organisational needs.
- Contribute to an ongoing program of continuous improvement including research, development and market testing of strategic and operational tasks
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Current NSW Drivers Licence.
- Written and oral communication skills with capacity to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary professionals and project team members, and to provide reports.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret complex information and make sound judgement
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- A flexible, family friendly workplace (9 day fortnight)
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 20 July 2022.