We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Maintenance Team Leader to plan and manage operational resources, equipment, and contractors, so that the surveillance, maintenance, and operation of infrastructure assets is undertaken in a safe manner, to ensure the delivery of water to customers, stakeholders, and regulatory requirements. You will manage the implementation of the maintenance program and other service activities - site operations, setting priorities, planning, and budgeting, site management and quality control ensuring adherence with regulatory requirements.
You will also participate in incident response and on call rosters as requested, including weekend and shift work when required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review and report on maintenance and services delivery, facilities management, and other activities, using corporate information systems.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in adherence to the WaterNSW WHS management system whilst protecting the environment by ensuring operators are trained in a timely manner
- Develop and review operational procedures and maintenance instructions when required or when circumstances change to ensure the risk to business continuity is effectively managed.
- Lead and contribute to the knowledge sharing and ongoing development and upskilling team’s knowledge across the cluster to deliver quality and cost-effective maintenance services.
- Ensure that actions are carried out to safeguard the structures, water supply and community in emergencies (including floods) based on agreed plans, including implementing Flood Management Procedures and Dam Safety Emergency Plans.
To be successful, you need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or extensive trade/operational experience in the maintenance of water infrastructure
- Knowledge of WH&S Management Systems and legislation
- Demonstrated expertise in the operation and maintenance of water infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in prioritising, planning, and allocating operational resources
- Supervisory experience with ability to provide leadership, develop teamwork and training to continually improve operational performance
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including drafting scope of work and other documents
- Demonstrated ability in the use of computer-based systems and programs
- Positive attitude to get the work done as required and motivate the team to do the same
- Current NSW driver’s licence, willing to travel to WaterNSW sites within Greater Sydney area
What we are offering
- Maintenance staff work 9-day fortnight
- Great workplace with good job variety
- Diverse and supportive team environment
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity, and is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information, kindly refer to the attached Position Description .Queries can be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 2nd June 2022