- 18 month term role with attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working arrangements (including option for 9 working days/fortnight)
- A diverse and collaborative team
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
In your new role as the Water System Planner you will develop plans and systems that will provide expert advice and enable the most efficient delivery of water to our customers and stakeholders across the state. As the Planner you will be responsible for the design and implementation of water operation plans whilst playing lead role in managing extreme events (e.g. Floods and Droughts).You will build and maintain knowledge of daily system operations, ensuring that customer needs and business performance indicators are met in terms of both quality and quantity and in line with regulatory requirements.
We are looking for:
Someone who will always look to continuously improve the processes and refine operational protocols allowing us to provide the efficient delivery of water to customers under normal conditions, flooding and during drought. You will have amazing stakeholder management skills which will see you maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external customers. An ability to travel is a must as some travel will be required.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent level of operational experience.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of operations in river or related systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of operations and the provision of service to high profile customers within exact, stringent standards.
- Current Australian driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated ability to implement practical strategies, policies, procedures and tools for water delivery, flooding and water quality emergency management.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders, customers and regulators.
- Proven experience in working within a team environment to achieve corporate and business unit objectives and maximise operational performance.
We will provide you an attractive remuneration package and all the tools you need to do your role. For further information on the role please see the Position Description. Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National police check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of this check.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such it is a condition of entry to all our assets, that only fully vaccinated people gain access. Applicants will need to meet this condition.
To apply please complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume below.