We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for a Water System Operator to join our System Operations teams at the Deniliquin office. In this position you will work as part of a team in planning, executing and monitoring water operations to deliver water to our customers and the environment. You will also develop and implement seasonal water operations plans and provide regular water operations reports to stakeholders.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in a safe manner and with a focus on safety as a key priority.
- Implement daily system operations to meet customer needs and business performance indicators for both quality and quantity outcomes
- Operate or direct the operation of water infrastructure in line with operating protocols to maximise the efficient and continuous delivery of water to customers including during droughts.
- Operate and direct the operations of water infrastructure during significant inflow events in line approved operating protocols.
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent level of operational experience
- Knowledge and understanding of operations in bulk water supply or a strong willingness to learn would be beneficial
- A strong focus on providing value to customers
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- A current NSW driver’s license
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Experience or exposure to working with a rural community would be beneficial for the two regional locations.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working arrangements
The successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment check/s of a/ including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of this/ these check/s.
All applications must be submitted via the system. We will not accept emailed applications.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description; Enquiries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Applications close Wednesday 11 March 2020.
Only successful candidates will be notified.