Project Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Ongoing, Full-Time opportunity (Flexible working options available)
- 2 positions available
- Salary range: $105,680 to $128,849 (dependent on skills and experience) per annum plus 15% superannuation
- Recognition of service from ACT Government and Australian Public Service
- Relocation assistance available
About our team
Icon Water’s Project Delivery team is responsible for delivering the capital and major maintenance projects which ensure Icon’s water and wastewater network meets the needs of the Canberra community. The team currently has two Project Engineer positions available.
The Project Engineer reports to a Project Manager and is responsible for planning, delivery and finalisation of mixed discipline projects. These projects could include upgrades, major maintenance and renewal of assets across Icon Water’s dams, water and sewage network, and water and sewage treatment plants. This client-side role includes liaising with stakeholders to ensure the project scope meets requirements, engagement and management of design consultants and construction contractors, production of funding and statutory approval documentation, reporting on project budget and schedule, commissioning of new assets, and the compilation of handover deliverables.
As a Project Engineer you will have the opportunity to lead and manage the design and construction of multi-million-dollar infrastructure projects. The work you do will contribute to the safe and efficient delivery of projects that guarantee people’s access to safe, reliable water and wastewater services. If you are a detail-oriented professional and are looking to develop your project management skills in a dynamic client-side environment, then we would like to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience with established project management methodologies
- Experience delivering engineering projects with a background in contracting, consultancy or client-side management.
- Experience in procurement and contract management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to network and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge of site safety in the construction industry
Selection Criteria: (maximum 200 words per criteria)
- Broadly describe how your skills relate to this position
- Demonstrate your experience in delivering engineering projects
- Demonstrate your experience in procurement, execution and management of contracts
- Demonstrate your experience in managing and reporting on project schedule and finances
About Icon Water
Icon Water owns and operates Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
We also provide flexible working arrangements and offer great benefits such as income protection, study assistance, health and wellbeing programs and much more.
How can I apply?
If this role interests you, please log on to our recruitment portal and submit:
- A brief cover letter (in pdf)
- your resume (in pdf) , and
- in the portal, submit concise responses to all of the selection criteria outlined above (max 200 words each).
Applications close 11:59pm on 25 September 2022
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we encourage you to contact Tim Brake on 0419 286 079. If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 25 Sep 2022
- ACT - Mitchell
- $105,680 - $128,849 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time