- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Opportunity to drive a new initiative within an internationally renowned school
High Performance Architecture Research Cluster aims to deliver research innovation in design, planning and management of high performance buildings & cities.
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Architecture and Urbanism in Asia
UNSW has one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of degree programs and interdisciplinary education. Playing a seminal role in Australian architectural education we can claim many distinguished alumni who have advanced architecture in the Asia-Pacific region.
With a focus on research and education relevant to the design, planning and development of cities in the 21st century we deliver high impact research and graduates equipped with the knowledge and practical skills required to realise sustainable urban environments of enduring cultural value.
About the Role:
After implementing a new curriculum in 2016 to deliver a range of streams the Faculty is investing in research infrastructure and the appointment of senior academics to drive the High-Performance Architecture Group.
This is an opportunity for intensive research within an interdisciplinary context and to shape core, elective and studio courses in architecture and urbanism in Asia.
- $123K-$162K plus 17% superannuation and leave
You have established yourself as both a research and teaching academic in contemporary architecture and urbanism in Asia specialising in topics such as rapid urbanisation, mega cities, informal settlements and migration.
You are now looking for the opportunity to extend and galvanise a distinguishing strength of a leading School of Architecture.
- A research track record and profile in the nexus between architecture and urbanism
- Ability to attract competitive external research funding
- Capacity to cultivate research and teaching networks within the faculty and industry
- Proven method in teaching student cohorts of diverse cultural and language backgrounds
- Desire to contribute to leadership and engagement within the Faculty, University & the broader community
What sets you apart is your ability to inspire those around you to lead the conversation about the future of our buildings & cities and support the development of high performance architecture to meet the challenges.
Please apply online. You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Applications close: Sunday 20th August 2017