Great opportunity to become part of our Product and Digital team at Service NSW, where you will work with social and friendly teams while taking advantage of excellent learning and upskilling opportunities. You will develop and deliver high-quality, reliable, reusable and maintainable code for our customer focused products in an agile environment, as you improve services provided to the citizens of NSW. About Service NSW
Established in 2013, at Service NSW our vision is to be recognised as the distinctive leader in the provision of government services to the citizens of New South Wales, and we are passionate about delivering a positive customer service experience! Our Product and Digital Team are at the forefront of these positive customer interactions and are leading the way forward for Governments around the globe.
Primary Purpose of the Role
Our Principal Product Engineers work collaboratively with customers and colleagues to deliver on Service NSW objectives, in particular providing an exceptional customer experience. This role demands strong product instincts, great communication skills, technical fluency and customer empathy. An appreciation for lean start-up, agile and user-centred design values, principles and practices will also be put to use. This role will suit an individual who is curious, collaborative, flexible and has a learning mindset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead end to end product development to deliver high quality products which are thoroughly tested and optimised
- Contribute to requirements analysis to enhance the quality of product solution design
- Prepare and maintain specialised code to enable product development, as well as enhancements to the existing code base
- Support iterative testing processes and continuously gather feedback to improve quality and reduce operational risk
- Develop guidelines and practices to enable a high performance product development and support the product roadmap
- Support communications and engagement activities that build organisational understanding of user-centred product development methodologies and other customer-centric approaches
- Working collaboratively with platform and release teams to achieve the best/most efficient outcome
- Managing stakeholder and team expectations and outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of build, configuration management and continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in cloud deployment and management (especially AWS)
- Proven experience in Test Driven Development is desirable
- Open to a pairs-programming environment
- Broad software development experience (SDLC)
- Salesforce experience desirable but not essential; PHP, Java and Angular, React viewed positively
- Experience managing projects, product design and / or software development within an Agile / DevOps environment will be an advantage
- Full Stack Development experience will be an advantage
- Empathy and passion for our customer, the citizens of NSW.
SNSW Grade 11/12- The package includes base salary range of $132,140 - $158,969, plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
How to apply:
To apply for this role you need to submit an application through the NSW Government job site http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au
When applying you MUST:
Provide a cover letter and resume that details your experience and how you meet the capabilities of the role.
Applications close on: Monday, 16th July 2018 [11:59 p.m.]
For a confidential discussion about this role, or the Service NSW recruitment process, please contact Lauren Johnson Resourcing Advisor, Service NSW, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions related to technical difficulties associated with lodging an expression of interest, please contact the support line on 1800 562 679 or email email@example.com between 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.