Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Due to team expansion, we are looking for an experienced Senior Substations Engineer to join our Electrical Engineering team. In this role you will provide authoritive and specialist (SME) technical engineering services for the Substation Engineering Discipline for management of change, risk management, technical tasks and engineering management systems.
- Reviews for technical thoroughness and quality assurance of complete Engineering Management System requirements for Substations Engineering(Primary Plant) including standards, standard drawings specifications, procedures and system requirements
- Reviews broad areas of assignment of the Change Management Process in accordance with L1-SQE-PRO-001 for an MTM discipline including interfaces to other railway involving the modifications, alterations, additions or removal of assets that may affect the safety and/or operation of the MTM railway. This includes product approvals, engineering changes and evaluations.
- Reviews all material risks involving projects and technical matters which are complex and have conflicting requirements
- Serves as the technical specialist for Substations Primary Plant Engineering in the application of advanced concepts, methods and assignments and resolve crucial issues and /or unique conditions
- Adhere to all personal responsibilities as required by legislation , regulations , codes of practice and MTM policies and procedures
- Responsible for developing and recommending projects to meet MTM’s and the Chief Engineers business improvement initiatives
- Coach, mentor and develop junior team members
In order to be successful you will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualifications and as a minimum obtained Registered Engineer Status
- Proven experience in providing technical engineering services in the designated MTM railway Engineering
- Solid experience in designing, maintenance and construction in the Primary plant Engineering Discipline area is desirable
- Ability to review specialised information and recommendations and present implementation plans for the effective delivery
- Strong stakeholder engagement across various levels of Management
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence opinions of others on Substation Engineering matters of complexity and unclear constraints and work effectively as part of a team
Join a dedicated team where you will have the opportunity to work on various and significant complex projects. Metro Trains will provide you with the support and development you need to further your career as well as excellent terms, conditions and benefits.
If you are interested please apply online, addressing the selection criteria. Please send your application by COB 18 February 2021