Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Position Purpose Statement
We are currently seeking a Risk & Systems Safety Assurance Manager for work on our Level Crossing Removal Project. This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
In this role, you will develop and manage the implementation of risk management strategies, processes, programs and projects to identify and minimise all forms of risk and maximise opportunities for the projects the role is responsible for.
Whilst rail specific experience will be highly regarded, those who have had exposure to risk and assurance management in a high reliability or safety critical environment would also be considered. Experience in defence, health, oil and gas or aerospace industry will also be highly regarded.
- Ensure MTM’s risk management and systems safety assurance policies and projects guidelines are adequate, effective, communicated and monitored for compliance.
- Support in the strategic development and implementation of the Project Assurance Framework (PAF).
- Develop, implement and monitor LXRP risk and system safety assurance strategy and Human Factors strategy.
- Develop and maintain local Project risk registers covering all facets of risk including safety, financial, operational, commercial, environmental reputational, design and construction.
- Responsible for providing assurance to the LXRP Principal Risk and Systems Safety Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for the review, management and coordination of Project SAR’s, SAS & SFAIRP arguments.
- Responsible for the strategic management at project level of SAR’s issues.
- Support in the development of activity plans for major SAR's, SAS & SFAIRP (ability to track the life of major SAR's).
- Ensure document management processes are implemented and monitored
- Support in the development of SAR's, SAS, SFAIRP guidelines and schedules
- Support in the development and implement training programs to improve Alliance, MTM & key stakeholder SSA & Risk capabilities.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Risk Management and System Safety Assurance qualifications are preferred.
- Knowledge and practical experience of implementing risk management principles ISO31000 and System Safety Assurance processes is required (in a construction or engineering setting would be highly regarded).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and consultation expertise.
- Demonstrated experience at senior management level.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with computer based management reporting systems.
- Proficiency in risks management software.
- Experience in developing, managing and deploying professional teams to meet multiple client requirements is required.
- Financial systems knowledge coupled with the capacity to extract and present statistical data in a clear and concise manner.
Why work for Metro?
- Career development opportunities.
- Growing employer with exciting project work in the pipeline.
- Free public transport in Victoria.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application COB Monday 23 September 2019.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.