Software Engineer - Health Informatics
Software Engineer - Health Informatics
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Develop innovative software solutions that help translate research into practice
- Full-time opportunity with access to flexible working arrangements
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency
CSIRO’s Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) mission has been to develop new digital technologies to transform health and is determined to revolutionise the way Australia and the world do healthcare – one solution at a time.
Being a part of the Health and Biosecurity business, the AEHRC team is seeking a motivated and skilled software engineer to contribute to a wide range of exciting projects with our partner organisations. These projects include development of new platforms and applications for data interoperability in healthcare – including tooling to support the development and maintenance of clinical terminologies such as SNOMED CT and AMT, information modelling and data analytics with FHIR and OMOP.
As a Software Engineer, if you are passionate about data interoperability and use in healthcare then this role is just for you!
Your duties will include:
- Leading projects to develop and deliver high-impact software solutions, initially within the area of clinical terminology authoring and maintenance.
- Developing and delivering novel technologies, developing and implementing project plans, analysing, validating and reporting results within the constraints of various project plans.
- Communicating project outcomes through support documents, demonstrations, and presentations.
- Building CSIRO’s research and engineering reputation for integrated and multi-disciplinary science related to health data semantics.
- Working through ambiguity and ill-defined problems and making critical choices based on the most recent technological developments or novel methodologies.
- Playing a key advisory role in decisions concerning scientific and/or technological direction.
- Understanding the client’s business and identifying and adapting to changes in the client’s needs and acting as a trusted advisor, demonstrating creativity to determine and anticipate client or project needs.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$121k – AU$142k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Demonstrated experience in health informatics, with specific experience in the use of clinical terminologies or other ontology engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with the development and delivery of Java-based web services, such as the Spring Boot framework.
- Proven experience with using public cloud infrastructure and containerised deployment through, for example, Kubernetes
- Proven experience in working with key stakeholders in understanding and developing requirements and communicating potential solutions.
- Experience working within a team participating in an agile software development process.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian and New Zealand citizens only.
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 December 2022, 11:00 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2022
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$121k – AU$142k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time