Business Architect - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
Science Digital Transformation is a CSIRO wide initiative that is empowering our researchers, engineers, and project teams with leading-edge digital technologies, skills and ways of working, to create a better future for Australia. The Reinvent Science program is accelerating discovery and advancing the way we do science using current and future digital technologies – projects within the program are partnerships between our science teams, our digital science unit Data61, and Information Management and Technology (IMT). By joining the program you’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team working to solve a broad spectrum of challenges with innovative digital solutions that combine both current well established technologies (such as high-performance computing, machine learning, cloud, data analysis, modelling and simulation) and emerging or growing digital technologies (such as artificial intelligence, extended reality, digital twins, and robotics), Reinvent Science aims to redefine the tools used for science and allow team CSIRO to tackle currently intractable problems.
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
- Career development opportunity
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
As the Business Architect – Reinvent Science you will provide leadership and direction for business transformation and oversee critical deliverables, such as business capability models, business capabilities, and value streams to the Reinvent Science Program within the Science Digital Transformation initiative. You will be responsible for aligning strategic objectives and tactical demands; including (but not limited to) operating and business model analysis, synergizing with other business entities, developing capability maps and other artifacts, and assisting in the technology enablement of core capabilities and value streams.
Your duties will include:
- Employing internal and external resources in the development of business strategies that guide the operation and management of an organisation
- Liaising with senior business executives to design an operating model that integrates business processes and organization with technical solutions
- Conducting evaluation of available company assets to generate results which is helpful in identifying capability gaps that need to be filled to achieve set goals
- Creating investment models which serve as an indication of suitable investment choices open to a business organization
- Developing strategic processes that highlight the essence of external influences (suppliers and customers), as well as their impact on business structure
- Mentoring the activities of junior business analysts to ensure they are in line with set standards
Location: Any major CSIRO sites in Australia
Salary: AU$120 to AU$140 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree including equivalent relevant work experience of (6+ years) in Business Architecture, Solutions Architecture roles
- The ability to blend and translate business needs and outcomes to align to system elements thus assuring the people, organisations, information, cyber and application needs are accommodated and directly related to business needs.
- Demonstrated experience applying architectural principles to business solutions and creating high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Demonstrated ability to understand and lead teams across the following considerations:
- Business architecture
- Derivation of business capability models and associated roadmaps.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; apply equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and workflow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only.
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline Level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
27th of November 2022, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Nov 2022
- AU$120 to AU$140 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time