CSIRO Engineering Fellowship in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Engineering Fellowship in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Want to conduct world class research and development with a team of dedicated professionals?
- Contribute to research to develop fit-to-purpose technologies for effective water management.
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The Engineering Fellow will join a multidisciplinary team that is conducting diverse research & development activities in water treatment, emission mitigation, dust/particulate control and waste minimisation & re-utilisation. The team is working towards achieving a clean and healthy environment and enhance the sustainable transition of the mining industry to cleaner and greener operation.
Specific to this role, the Fellow will provide research support and work collaboratively on the team's research projects in the areas of water and wastewater treatment and reuse, and environmental remediation. This project will focus on in-situ environmental remediation of mine-impacted water with recovery of value-adding products. The involved research aims to develop fit-to-purpose technologies for effective water management and resource recovery in mining and other industries to achieve environmental sustainability impacts.
Your duties will include:
- Design and development of pilot and industrial scale water treatment systems.
- Develop experimental and safe operating procedures and undertake operation and maintenance of treatment units.
- Travel to mines and industrial sites for pilot plant operations.
- Carry out laboratory experiments including materials synthesis and characterisation, operate analytical instruments, set up experimental rigs and conduct performance tests.
- Collect, interpret and manage data from test operations including real-time data from control & monitoring software.
Location: Pullenvale (Brisbane), Qld
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) OR hold an engineering degree plus a Master of Science (MSc) or Master of Engineering (MEng) qualifications (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a masters) plus equivalent levels of original and significant contributions to research and development to that expected of someone of a new PhD graduate. The doctorate or masters must be in a relevant discipline area, such as Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineer. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Clear understanding of fundamental unit operations with heat and mass transfer principles.
- Considerable experience and knowledge in water treatment operation and practices with experience in one or more processes involving physico-chemical, thermal, electrochemical or biological treatment methods.
- Skills and experience in materials chemistry and characterisation (for example membranes, adsorbents/ functional materials, enzymes, resins etc.)
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role by 31 January 2023.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 August 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 31 Aug 2022
- QLD - Pullenvale
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: