CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Applied System Dynamics Modelling of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Applied System Dynamics Modelling of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Apply systems thinking and system dynamics modelling to improve our understanding of the global threat of AMR infections
- Be part of an emerging area of research and health policy
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This position will form part of the high-performing research program at the Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) – a world class facility undertaking research and development across health and biomedical informatics and health services.
Unravelling the dynamic interactions between human, animal, and environmental is critical for curbing the threat of antimicrobial-resistance (AMR). The successful candidate will apply systems thinking to modelling of AMR infections in collaboration with healthcare stakeholders and academic partners.
Your duties will include:
- Facilitating stakeholder workshops and interviews to elicit and collect data on factors that drive AMR transmission and spread.
- Expanding on current understanding of the context of AMR research and policy, based on published literature and stakeholder perceptions, to identify drivers of AMR infection and their roles in transmission and spread.
- Developing a conceptual framework that captures and quantifies the complex interactions and feedback loops amongst the identified factors.
- Conducting systems thinking, modelling and simulations, and associated experimentation with methodology to improve the system dynamics models.
- Assessing the behaviour of the system in relation to positive and negative impact on AMR transmission and spread.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as system dynamics, process engineering, statistical modelling, integration and implementation sciences, or similar. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated experience and application of systems thinking and system dynamics principles including development of causal loop diagrams.
- Experience in qualitative research and stakeholder engagement.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia who are able to commence in the role by 31 January 2023.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 31 Aug 2022
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: