Research Scientist in Business Processes and AI - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Scientist in Business Processes and AI
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
The role of Research Scientist staff is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO’s strategies. As the Research Scientist, you will engage in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts.
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
- Team based, collaborative culture.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
Your duties will include:
- Under the supervision of more senior researchers, assist in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carry out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Select the most profitable line of attack upon a problem, prepare detailed design proposals and experimental protocols.
- Draw on professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience to recognise opportunities for innovation and generate new theoretical perspectives by pursuing new ideas/approaches and networking with scientific colleagues across a range of disciplines.
- Participate in identification of further opportunities which arise from research and initiate new lines of research.
- Present results in a meaningful format, prepare reports for clients and/or write scientific papers for publication.
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Salary: AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 pa (pro-rata for part-time) +up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in computer science or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions with publications in top tier software engineering or related venues.
- Demonstrated track record in high quality research with impactful outcomes.
- Knowledge of and experience with business process modelling and execution.
- Knowledge of and experience with process mining and analysis.
- Knowledge of AI technology such as automated planning.
- Experience with formal process verification and computational complexity.
- Experience to work effectively in a research team and provide supervision and mentoring to research students.
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills with the ability to represent Data61 research externally to both academia, government and industry.
- Research experience in one or more of the following fields: artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain.
- Strong track record of developing efficient complex algorithms in languages such as Java and C++.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31st July 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jul 2022
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 pa (pro-rata for part-time) +up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time