Team Leader, IMT Scientific Computing Services Technical Solutions - [Archived Advertisement]
Team Leader, IMT Scientific Computing Services Technical Solutions
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career (training provided)
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
- Truly supportive work environment
The Scientific Computing Services (SCS) group in CSIRO Information Management & Technology (IMT) is seeking an experienced leader to lead the Technical Solutions team. The Technical Solutions team is responsible for providing support for a range of managed platforms for scientific research, such as CSIRO’s high-performance computing (HPC) facility, an internal research cloud and data storage systems. The team engages CSIRO researchers and delivers solutions to research projects based on project requirements. In addition, the team is also responsible for the management and deployment of a scientific software portfolio comprising both commercial and open-source applications, as well as the online delivery of user documentation.
The Technical Solutions Team Leader is a senior leadership position. The successful candidate will work with and lead the Technical Solutions team in ensuring high quality of service delivery. Moreover, the successful candidate will work closely with peers within the Scientific Computing Services group as well as the Scientific Computing Platforms group. The Technical Solutions Team Leader is also expected to build strong networked relationships with the research business units to ensure that IMT and Scientific Computing services are aligned with the core science and functional business of CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
1) Service Delivery Leadership:
- Manage a team that deploys and supports scientific applications and workflows in multiple operating environments, including Windows and Linux.
- Manage a commercial scientific software portfolio, including budgeting and vendor relationships.
- Oversee the Scientific Computing Help Desk and ensure effective request tracking and response to user support requests.
2) Team Leadership:
- Allocate and manage resources within the Technical Solutions team and contribute to resource planning activities within the SCS group.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed team.
3) Engagement and Partnerships:
- Build strong networked relationships with stakeholders to ensure that the Technical Solutions team delivers their services to enable the science and functional business goals of CSIRO.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment procedures and policy, Diversity initiatives and Making Safety Personal goals.
Location: All IMT sites Australia wide
Salary: AU117$k - AU138$k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Education / Qualifications: Tertiary and/or industry qualifications in information management or equivalent discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in user engagement, requirement gathering, and the design and delivery of solutions based on IMT managed platforms, such as HPC and cloud.
- Demonstrated experience in defining, managing, and following service delivery processes.
- Proven record of accomplishment in effective request tracking and response to user support activities and incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively across organisational boundaries and levels with initiative and autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage a diverse and challenging program of work, including day to day operational service delivery, reporting, capacity management, budget management and project management.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific research.
- Strong leadership and team management skills
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the successful candidate will be required to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 security clearance.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
3rd of June 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Jul 2022
- AU117$k - AU138$k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time