Facility Manager, Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) - [Archived Advertisement]
Facility Manager, Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Play a vital role in NASA’s global Deep Space Network
- Make a strong contribution to the CDSCC management team
- Unique opportunity to work in a beautiful rural setting just outside Canberra
Under an Agreement between the Australian and United States Governments, CSIRO has management responsibility for the activities of NASA in Australia. The principal activity is the operation of the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) located at Tidbinbilla, some 40 km from Canberra.
As Facility Manager for the CDSCC, you will be a member of the Management Team and interact with staff, customers, and stakeholders at both operational and executive levels. Drawing on your extensive technical knowledge, you will provide innovative solutions to complex problems and high level advice on complex technical and engineering matters.
This position is available on a full-time or part-time basis. The minimum part time arrangement would be 66.15 hours per fortnight. We also support flexible working arrangements, noting that the role will require a level of flexibility to accommodate meetings outside the standard band of hours to reflect time zones of our customer (JPL/NASA).
Your duties will include:
- Manage the activities of the Facilities Group at CDSCC ensuring the delivery and maintenance of relevant systems.
- Ensure the maintenance of antennas, systems, and site assets in accordance with best practice maintenance schedules.
- Provide for the delivery of maintained working systems for antennas.
- Ensure and coordinate maintenance excellence with the maintenance teams.
- In consultation with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in the USA, deliver upon the Asset Management/Maintenance Integration (AMMI) paradigm.
- Oversee the management of Facility Projects and Facility Services and manage the Facilities and Maintenance staff and budget.
- Ensure the coordination of activities, resources, downtimes, and schedules locally and with JPL.
- Facilitate the implementation of safe systems of work in coordination with the HSE Advisor and site stakeholders.
Location: Tidbinbilla – Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex, ACT
Salary: AU$141k - AU$157k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time. Will also be considered as part-time (minimum 0.9 FTE) or 1.0 FTE with a 9-day fortnight
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent demonstrated leadership and managerial experience in an industrial maintenance environment at a senior level.
- Broad experience in engineering management and customer-focussed facilities maintenance and operations.
- A strong history of establishing and working effectively in teams.
- Experience identifying and providing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- The ability to think strategically and balance long term planning with short term operational oversight.
- The capacity to embrace change management initiatives with success in the implementation of cultural change.
- Experience in ensuring safe working practices and effective environmental management.
To see the full list of criteria for this role, please view the Position Details
- Applications are open to Australian Citizens only.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Wednesday 25 May, 2022 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 25 May 2022
- ACT - Paddys River
- AU$141k - AU$157k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time