Coursework Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
- Help solve big, complex problems that make a real difference
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
As the Coursework Lead for the Next Generation Artificial Intelligence Graduates program, a high-profile scholarship program to attract and train the next generation of AI specialists, you will work with key stakeholders within CSIRO and its partners to develop innovative coursework that will provide students with the foundational skills to build on during their candidature. The coursework will be designed for a cohort of students to encourage collaboration and multi-disciplinary engagement. As the Coursework Lead it is expected that you will have high-level expertise in AI and other technologies, and incorporate this into the coursework where appropriate.
Your duties will include:
- Managing the coursework development (Masters and Doctoral programs) with the creation of the coursework framework, and curriculum design
- Liaising with leaders and stakeholders from CSIRO, industry and academia to develop coursework
- Building strong relationships with leaders in academia and industry for delivery of keynote presentations
- In collaboration with the Science Lead and Program Manager, overseeing delivery of the coursework units
- Managing assessment tasks and grading
- Contributing to the development and testing of learning solutions and technologies and proposing suitable changes and improvements
- Supporting stakeholder engagement activities
- Contributing to the development of a communication and campaign plan
- Contributing to the development of deep evaluation tools and capability assessments
- Analysis of learning data available from existing sources and evaluation of possible future data sources.
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra
Salary: AU$115,605 to AU$135,467 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 5 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD or equivalent higher degree by research in an AI related field, such a machine learning, computer science, engineering, mathematics and statistics.
- Experience in contemporary learning design and the use of digital learning in the higher education sector in an AI related field.
- Track record of working on research projects in AI or related fields, including co/supervision of HDR students.
- Demonstrated experience in providing expert advice in coursework development and delivery, and in providing consultative support and guidance to senior stakeholders to enhance teaching and learning.
- Sound understanding of the principles and objectives underlying the effective provision of coursework development for AI or a related field, within the higher education sector and its contemporary context for teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated evidence of working effectively with teams to design and develop coursework curricula using technologies that enhance learning outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and presentation skills, including experience in proactively collaborating, negotiating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous, urgent and/or complex environment, and to adapt quickly and achieve outcomes.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
17 October 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 17 Oct 2021
- AU$115,605 to AU$135,467 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Education & Training