Business Development Advisor - Services - [Archived Advertisement]
Business Development Advisor - Services
- Are you looking to develop your business development skills?
- Do you have a science or engineering background?
- Apply today to join CSIRO in this exciting new opportunity!
This Business Development Advisor – Services position is a part of CSIRO’s Business Development and Global team which provides Business Development services across the organisation. The role supports the SME Collaboration Nation Initiative which aims to double the number of SMEs engaging with publicly funded research while making CSIRO the national exemplar for SME engagement. Part of CSIRO’s SME Connect business, the Initiative supports CSIRO’s SME Strategy and uses a coordinated, whole of ecosystem approach to lowering the barriers for small-medium sized businesses (SMEs) to access R&D.
As a BD&G team member and partner to the CSIRO’s Services Business Unit, the role will support the SME Collaboration Initiative in the planning, delivery, and analysis of Initiative activities. The Initiative has piloted a number of key programs and is seeking to expand, develop partnerships and leverage Australian R&D capabilities to support SME collaboration and innovation.
A key focus for the role is the expansion of CSIRO’s Innovate to Grow and Kick-Start programs which help SMEs better understand, leverage, and connect with R&D. Innovate to grow also provides support and insights to help SMEs explore sectors such as cybersecurity, defence, manufacturing, and space. Commercial experience is not required, and this role represents a great opportunity to develop, refine or demonstrate business and relationship development skills – especially suited for those with a research or SME background looking to try something new.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting the SME Collaboration Initiative with operational, strategic, and relationship development support
- Providing assistance by identifying opportunities, developing investment prospects, and building partnerships
- Supporting effective engagement with stakeholders including relevant industry growth centres, state governments, CRCs, and industry associations
- Identifying cross-organisational connections and collaboration opportunities for the benefit of customers and CSIRO (activating the horizontal)
- Coordinating and preparing proposals, business plans, costing frameworks, information, and pitch decks for stakeholders, internal and external use
Location: Adelaide, SA; Brisbane, QLD; Canberra, ACT; Melbourne, VIC; Perth, WA; Sydney, NSW preferred - other major cities considered
Salary: AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in science/engineering, or equivalent experience in a similar field such as ICT.
- High-level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the team effectively internally and externally.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative team environment.
- Independence and an ability to problem-solve.
- Experience writing proposals and other documents relating to business development.
- Ability to effectively engage with stakeholders.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 4 October 2021 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 04 Oct 2021
- AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: