Innovations Collections Facilitator - [Archived Advertisement]
Innovations Collections Facilitator
- Draw on your BD expertise and SME knowledge
- Identify and support SMEs seeking to utilise R&D to grow
- Join CSIRO’s dynamic SME Connect team
CSIRO is the National Delivery Partner of the Innovation Connections element of the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) Entrepreneurs’ Programme. Innovation Connections assists Australian businesses to understand their research needs, connects them with the research sector, and provides dollar-matched grants to fund collaborative research projects.
CSIRO’s function is to deliver Innovation Connections through a national team of facilitators working within CSIRO’s SME Connect team, whose objective is to drive engagement and linkages between Australian SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises) and research organisations.
As an Innovations Collections Facilitator, in Perth, you will undertake business development activities to identify Western Australian companies seeking to utilise research to grow and generate wealth. You will work with these companies to identify opportunities for research to benefit their business; facilitate engagement between the companies and the research sector; and support applications for Innovations Collections grants for company-led research and development projects with PFROs such as Australian universities and CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Building and managing a pipeline of opportunities to deliver research facilitation services to SME businesses through development of relationships and networks across industry, research organisations, universities, and Entrepreneurs' Programme Delivery Partners.
- Acting as a trusted advisor by working with SME clients to understand their business priorities, assess knowledge gaps, seek information about their underlying needs, adapting quickly to changes in clients’ needs, and identifying potential for them to benefit from research.
- Connecting the SMEs with the most appropriate research expertise and facilities in Australia’s publicly funded research organisations and universities.
- Supporting the successful application by SMEs for Innovation Connections grants to undertake projects with research organisations and overseeing the establishment of commercial agreements between the parties.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: An attractive remuneration package including a motor vehicle allowance, a performance bonus, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in science/engineering and business with business development experience, or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Experience with, and understanding of working with SMEs, including constraints, drivers and opportunities facing SMEs.
- Skills and experience in the establishment and delivery of industry-led research and development projects, gained from working in a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) or working in businesses that have successfully engaged with PFROs.
- Significant industry experience and understanding of at least one of the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Sectors and enabling services and technologies within these sectors, such as Information and Communications Technology.
- Highly developed engagement and networking skills, including the ability to facilitate collaboration and build trusting and productive relationships with customers; extensive experience in negotiation and representation.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a track record of contributing to, and supporting, cohesive teams; proven ability to establish productive relationships with colleagues based on trust, courtesy, respect, knowledge sharing, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Regional and interstate travel, a driver's license, and the ability to drive a motor vehicle are also requirements of this role.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday,3rd August 2021, 11:00pm WST
- Closing Date:
- 03 Aug 2021
- WA - Perth
- An attractive remuneration package
- Work Type: