Research Scientist/Engineer in Magnetic Resonance Applications - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Scientist/Engineer in Magnetic Resonance Applications
- Contribute to our innovative magnetic resonance research team
- Diverse and inclusive culture. Flexible work arrangements
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency today!
We are seeking a Research Scientist/Engineer in Magnetic Resonance Applications to join CSIRO’s Mineral Resources Busines Unit. You will play an important role in conducting innovative magnetic resonance research to develop novel MR or RF based on-line instruments to solve a range of challenging, real-world problems in the mining, security and other industries.
This is a great opportunity if you are interested in applying scientific problem solving and researching opportunities within our industry and contributing to the field of magnetic resonance. The scope of this role will offer prospects to secure project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches.
CSIRO are the leading research arm for the Australian Government, we thrive of making a difference, and are interested in finding someone to join us with our mission!
Your duties will include:
- Employ existing experimental methods, and create new ones, to measure minerals or other materials using magnetic resonance or other spectroscopies
- Carry out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation
- Develop experimental programs for and operating CSIRO custom-built magnetic resonance spectrometers
- In collaboration with the team, develop spectrometers into products for commercialisation
- Test these products in industrial situations and adapt the technology as required
- Manage and formulate scientific projects
- Assist in the planning and preparation of research proposals
Location: Lucas Heights, NSW
Salary: AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as physics, or physical sciences or engineering
- Demonstrated excellent experimental skills, preferably in spectroscopic or electromagnetic techniques
- Sound theoretical understanding of physics concepts particularly in the areas or electromagnetism and solid-state physics
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including working constructively with research scientists, engineers, support staff and/or client personnel
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to work within this position at CSIRO you must be either:
- An Australian Citizen
- A Permanent Resident
- Currently hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
Australian visas must allow full working rights for the expected duration of the term (ending approx September 2024), and where applicable, sponsorship visas are available.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of balance options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role as described in the Position Description and selection criteria.
11 August 2021, 11:59 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 11 Aug 2021
- NSW - Lucas Heights
- AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: