Cyber Security Operations Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Cyber Security Operations Manager
- Are you an experienced Cyber Security Manager looking for your next challenge?
- Can you lead and manage a team of high performing professionals?
- Join CSIRO's IMT Business Unit and help contribute to our cyber security!
The Cyber Security Services (CSS) team operates within the Information Management & Technology (IMT) business unit focusing on ongoing security operations, cyber resilience, and data protection. CSS is seeking an efficient and analytical individual to lead and manage the Cyber Security Operations team focusing on incident response, monitoring, and analytics. This person will need to be self-motivated, comfortable working under pressure in a confidential environment and able to manage competing priorities.
The Cyber Security Operations Manager will be highly competent in managing and improving the ongoing functions of a SOC (Security Operations Centre) including responding to one or more incidents ranging from simple to complex within high stress, but rewarding environment. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the effective leadership of the team. They will also contribute to the evolving technical capabilities within the team, undertake professional development supporting the ever-changing cyber environment and mentor other team members.
Your duties will include:
- Directing both the Monitoring & Analytics and Incident Response teams within CSS Operations
- Driving and supporting the ongoing evolution of CSIRO's cyber threat detection and response capability
- Ensuring effective responses to security incidents through the appropriate application of resources
- Taking ownership of potentially high-pressure security incidents involving inappropriate or malicious activity and behaviour, intrusions, compromises, threats, and anomalies
- Supporting, contributing and influencing organisational wide cyber security deliverables
- Liaise with government and law enforcement agencies with investigations, incidents, collection of evidence, and sharing of threat intelligence and advisories
Location: Sydney, NSW; Black Mountain, ACT; Clayton, VIC; Brisbane, QLD or Perth, WA
Salary: AU$113,338 - AU$132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in one or more of the following: Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field. In lieu of this, a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working in an ICT environment may be substituted
- At least two (2) years managing a cyber security team in an operational capacity or at least five (5) years managing an IT team
- Experience with leading and the application of monitoring, analysis, and management of security events and incidents using multiple sources and industry tools within a complex environment
- Ability to apply leadership, analytical, conceptual thinking, and technical skills to detect, investigate, and manage malicious activity and behaviour, intrusions, compromises, threats, and anomalies on the network
- High level of experience in collaborating widely both internally and externally and providing advice and recommendations to managers and staff
- Strong organisational, mental resilience, analytical and problem-solving skills
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 (SECRET) level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 28 March 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 28 Mar 2021
- AU$113,338 - AU$132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time