Quantum Devices and Materials Research Scientist - [Archived Advertisement]
Quantum Devices and Materials Research Scientist
- Apply your knowledge of superconductivity or condensed matter physics
- Develop advanced quantum devices by using our world-leading capability in HTS electronic devices
- Join CSIRO Manufacturing and make a difference!
The Quantum Devices & Materials team uses CSIRO’s world-leading scientific capability in High Temperature Superconducting (HTS) electronic devices, circuits and sensors to develop advanced magnetometry. As the Research Scientist in Quantum Devices and Materials, you will develop superconducting devices towards field testing and commercialisation in the role of measuring and characterising of the electrical and magnetic properties of superconducting devices.
Your ability to undertake novel, creative and innovative research coupled with your knowledge of theoretical physics with a focus on superconductivity or condensed matter physics and your experience in undertaking laboratory measurements using electrical characterisation equipment will be critical to your success in this role.
Your duties will include:
- Electrical and magnetic characterisation measurements of experimental devices.
- Collating, analysing and interpreting measurements using statistical analysis. Developing data fitting procedures to analyse array data where needed.
- Contributing to the improvement and development of measurement capability including system design and implementation.
- Understanding and utilising theoretical models to help inform HTS junction-based sensors.
- Performing cryogenic electrical transport measurements of superconducting devices.
- Developing data fitting & analysis procedures where needed and using this to inform future device designs.
Location: Lindfield, Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as physics or engineering.
- A sound knowledge of theoretical physics especially superconductivity and/or condensed matter physics.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking laboratory measurements using electrical characterisation equipment and knowledge of the experimental considerations of electromagnetic measurements.
- Demonstrated programming skills for control electronics and/or data analysis, in C++, Matlab, Python or similar.
- Demonstrated capability in planning, organising and manipulating experimental data including statistical and fitting techniques.
- Demonstrated cryogenic experimental measurements skills.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems.
- A publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
The successful applicant must be an Australian citizen and will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at a Negative Vetting Level 2
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28th March 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad before the closing date
- Closing Date:
- 28 Mar 2021
- NSW - Lindfield
- AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: