Scientific Computing Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Scientific Computing Specialist
- Do you have an interest in Scientific Computing?
- Use your skills to develop scientific applications and workflows
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The Scientific Computing (SC) group within CSIRO’s Information Management & Technology (IMT) group, is seeking to appoint a Scientific Computing Specialist.
As the successful candidate you will provide support to our scientists with their ongoing scientific computing needs. You will develop scientific applications and workflows that will support our scientists.
Your duties will include:
- Provide applications support services as part of the SC team. Work activities are expected to cover both computer and data storage systems, and include:
- Development of scientific applications and workflows for example to support simulation, data analytics, visualisation, or geospatial analysis.
- Performance enhancement of selected applications and workflows.
- Problem solving at a high level for applications and workflows.
- Provide user support services as part of a team for the SC and partner systems. Work activities are expected to include:
- Engaging with researchers to understand needs and deliver against them.
- Effective request tracking and response to user support issues.
- Documentation, including the development and maintenance of locally written user guides for scientific computing.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the team by documenting procedures and liaise effectively with users regarding the delivery of services to meet their needs. Work may be required at other CSIRO sites within Australia.
Location: Canberra ACT, Clayton VIC, or Eveleigh NSW preferred. Other locations may be considered.
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary degree in science, engineering, computer science, information technology or relevant field.
- Experience developing and supporting software for one or more of the following
- Data analytics, data science, visualisation.
- Geospatial data analysis and presentation.
- Simulation and modelling.
- Science based high-performance computing.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Friday 02 April 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 02 Apr 2021
- AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time