Systems Support Officer - Intellectual Property - [Archived Advertisement]
Systems Support Officer - Intellectual Property
- Are you a recent Software Engineer graduate looking to kickstart your career?
- Are you seeking to gain experience in program coding?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
We are currently looking for recent Software Engineering graduates wishing to enter the workforce to gain some first-rate experience in the program coding domain.
The Building Development and Commercial Team within CSIRO has an excellent opportunity for a Systems Support Officer who will provide administrative support to the Intellectual Property Team while having a strong focus on IT systems.
You will assist in reporting Intellectual Property information, developing electronic Intellectual Property capture and workflow processes while creating user interphases and linking CSIRO information systems. You will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the Intellectual Property team at CSIRO.
Even if you are not a recent graduate but have at least 2 years of relevant work experience with using and developing SQL database queries and M-SQL Report Builder, then do submit your application today!
Your duties will include:
- Working collaboratively with the Intellectual Property Executive Manager and the wider Intellectual Property Team in developing customized reports and datasets from the Intellectual Property Database to enhance Intellectual Property transparency across the organization.
- Working proactively as part of a regionally dispersed team to develop electronic processes for capturing and managing novel inventions, trademarks and software modules.
- Creating user interphases to provide access to specific Intellectual Property information.
- Liaising with CSIRO BD&C staff in linking Intellectual Property information to existing data capture systems.
- Co-ordinating and regularly managing projects within the Intellectual Property team including the organisation of WebEx based Intellectual Property Education e-modules, team professional development activities and other electronic communication activities.
Location: Clayton, VIC preferred, other locations considered
Salary: AU$63,594 - AU$80,937 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A recently completed Software Engineering degree, or minimum 2 years relevant work experience using and developing SQL database queries and M-SQL Report Builder.=
- To have highly proficient, technical MS Office skills
- The ability to generate improved workflow solutions
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to liaise with all staff and stakeholders
- Capacity to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritise competing demands and maintain a flexible approach in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Experience working in a team environment
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 14 March 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$63,594 - AU$80,937 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: