Embedded Software Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Embedded Software Engineer
- Are you an experienced Embedded Software Engineer?
- Does working with a highly experienced team & cutting-edge technology appeal to you?
- Join CSIRO, Australia's premier research organisation
We are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join a team that has decades of experience translating cutting edge superconducting sensor technology from the laboratory into various fields of application. The team is responsible for developing robust, high-performance sensor systems for external customers around the world.
In this role, you will develop software code for sensor instruments and will include responsibility for embedded systems engineering, including top-level architecture, embedded software development and testing/debugging hardware and software. If you have worked with sophisticated products and/or have experience working in a research environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Your duties will include:
- Key responsibility for embedded systems engineering, including top-level architecture, embedded software development and testing/debugging hardware and software.
- Under limited direction, carry out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Present results in a meaningful format, prepare reports for clients and/or write scientific papers for publication.
- Address problems promptly and in a constructive manner, selecting the most profitable lines of attack upon a problem, preparing detailed design proposals and experimental protocols.
- Undertake in experimental and/or observational research activities, often requiring the supervision and/or training of others to ensure experiments are established in accordance with research design, or as required.
Location: Lindfield, NSW
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science) and/or equivalent relevant work experience, such as in embedded software engineering.
- Excellent skills in embedded systems design, testing and documentation:
- Real-time embedded software development in C, C++, etc.
- User interface development using C++, Python, Matlab,etc.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering, such as:
- Sensors and acquisition systems
- Robotics (controllers, motors, actuators)
- Communication technologies (e.g. IP, CAN, Ethernet, serial, Wifi, Zigbee, etc.)
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and:
- provide evidence of a National Police Check or equivalent
- maintain a security clearance at Negative Vetting Level 2 (for which you must hold Australian Citizenship)
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
9th March 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 09 Mar 2021
- NSW - Lindfield
- AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time