- Do you have an interest in energy efficiency and reducing lifecycle emissions?
- Use your skills on research and development and play a key role.
- Join CSIRO Energy and make a difference
CSIRO Energy is seeking to appoint an Energy Resources Engineer for their Gas Storage area.
As the successful candidate, you will play a leading role in conception, design, planning and execution of research projects at CSIRO that involve the production, transportation, storage and use of natural gas, biogas and hydrogen in ways that will improve will develop and strengthen partnerships with industry, government agencies and national/ international research organisations You will develop and strengthen partnerships with industry, government agencies and national/ international research organisations.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to integrated R&D projects in energy utilization and storage supporting development, upscaling and deployment of low and zero emissions technologies.
- Providing a bridge between surface and subsurface science and engineering capabilities in the Energy Resources Program (Reservoir Simulation, Engineering and Productivity, Gas Processing) within the CSIRO Energy Business Unit.
- Customer engagement and liaison with industry, government and funding agencies.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team at CSIRO, and engage with industry partners, external R&D collaborators, and specialist contractors, as required.
Location: Kensington WA or Clayton VIC
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Ph.D. in a relevant area of energy systems science and engineering or Master’s level qualification plus commensurate industry experience.
- Extensive experience in energy systems engineering, involving research and development and / or operational experience in industry. You must demonstrate teamwork, innovative thinking and advanced problem solving skills.
- A substantial track-record of successful project delivery with evidence of leadership in project or capability teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental principles and safe working practices for flammable and explosive gases.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 25 October 2020, 11:00pm AEDT