- Utilise your networking skills and commercial acumen to create funding opportunities
- Lead complex commercialisation transactions such as spinouts, startups and joint ventures on behalf of CSIRO
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
As the Commercialisation Account Manager for CSIRO’s Agricultural & Food Business Unit, you will be responsible for identifying, building and managing strategic account relationships with funding partners; building new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions; and leveraging these relationships to optimise and increase funding available for the commercialisation of deep science which will contribute to the financial sustainability of CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Establishing and utilising networks with organisations that are appropriate relevant investors for CSIRO.
- Leveraging these relationships to create additional funding opportunities for CSIRO in both commercialisation and technology incubation.
- Building new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions.
- Developing deep relationships within CSIRO to ensure contemporary and relevant knowledge of deep science and demonstrate strong business acumen to identify relevant opportunities to source and utilise funding.
Location: Melbourne and Brisbane preferred, other major cities may be considered
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Tertiary qualifications such as a degree in Science or Engineering and post graduate business qualification and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Professional networks in the finance, venture capital, innovation and/or entrepreneurial community.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating principles of start-ups or small businesses.
- Experience building deep relationships to deliver an organisational/commercial benefit.
- The ability to work collaboratively across a large, complex organisation that delivers results and benefits to multiple areas of the organisation and/or enterprise wide.
- Strong commercial/business savvy with established internal and external networks to create financial opportunities for a large, complex organisation.
- Demonstrated knowledge across Agriculture and Food science domains
- Demonstrated experience in commercialising scientific outputs in the Agriculture and Food domains to create economic, social or environmental impact
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to National police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday, 23 June, 2020, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date